About Chase Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. Chase serves nearly half of America’s households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. Customers can choose how and where they want to bank: 5,300 branches, 16,000 ATMs, mobile, online and by phone. Home Lending Core Servicing Operations includes Customer Service Call Centers, Payments, Statements, Special Loans, Escrow and Loan Administration. The operational footprint spans across multi-state and global locations, including key vendor oversight, as well as operations in the firm’s Global Service Center in Manila, Philippines. Position Overview: Reporting to the Head of Home Lending Core Servicing, this new executive role will champion the customer, considering customer values, e.g., simplicity, transparency, reliability, and convenience, plus preferences for digital channels. The Product Director will design and oversee strategic, end-to-end initiatives and transformational programs & product development across Core Servicing to enhance the group’s performance, while providing oversight of P&L and customer Satisfaction scores. In this role, the Product Director will provide oversight and partner with business leaders to translate strategic roadmaps, priorities, and business needs to identify where technology can advance the organization. Partnering with business leaders, the Product Director will take point on business case development, focused on improvements to customer experience and organizational efficiencies. This executive will partner with the Home Lending Core Servicing management team and collaborate with other partners (e.g., Risk, Compliance, Finance, Technology, HR, Marketing, Sales Channels and Operations). In collaboration with Marketing, the executive will define the go-to-market strategy, product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. This position, located in Columbus, Ohio, will be responsible for managing a team of skilled professionals and an associated operating budget. Core Competencies
- Understands the overall mission and perspective of the department; communicates this mission into action
- Analyzes problems and identifies potential solutions, demonstrating an ability to see the “big picture” while remaining close to the operational data
- Facilitates collaboration and cross-organizational conversation to deliver one shared vision
- Develops and effectively implements a product & process improvement strategies against clearly defined operational targets and success metrics.
- Demonstrates program management experience including developing business cases, developing and maintaining project plans, consulting with the business and end users, and ensuring documented steps required to execute or modify programs.
- Effectively partners with internal and external parties, actively soliciting their guidance and input at every step of the business process
- Regularly communicates with staff; coaches, teaches and motivates employees beyond job expertise
- Maintains a strong diverse recruiting pipeline and onboarding capability
- Demonstrates consistency in approach and methods; ensures policies, procedures and processes are communicated, understood and followed
- Regularly assesses employee performance and provides feedback, sets clear expectations and holds employees accountable
- Establishes and maintains a proper control environment whereby policies, procedures and processes are understood by all associates and are consistently followed. Ensures that appropriate documentation is accurate and in place to enable a clear trail for audit for all factual information. Holds subordinates accountable for compliance within a controlled environment.
- Adheres to compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance)
- Lead the change agenda for Home Lending Core Servicing, leading a Product development function, developing and overseeing comprehensive, innovative product & process improvement strategies across multiple business lines and functional areas
- Facilitate business strategic planning for operations partners to support improved customer experience, while delivering a competitive advantage and improved financial results
- Oversee business capability road mapping, identify business capabilities needed to implement business strategy
- Innovate and transform end to end operations, incorporating large scale automation, advanced analytics, and other digital technologies into operations in order to streamline processes and improve customer experiences
- Build/maintain strategic interface between the operations partner and the IT organization, responsible for maintaining the Technology and Operations book of work
- Provide executive communications and MBRs that include status of all large initiatives; work to resolve all conflicts or potential risks.
- Create effective and efficient communication and decision-making processes, including prioritization processes and issues resolution processes.
- Analyze and create project business cases that accurately reflect the cost and benefits of the program/project.
- Prioritize among multiple programs and projects, including the ability to obtain buy-in or obtain management direction in a timely manner when needed.
- Challenge existing engagement/interactions models across the organization driving improvements in a collaborative environment.
- Think "big-picture" across the industry to continuously identify emerging trends that can be used to drive growth.
- Utilize industry leading best practices, looking across the Chase franchise and industry competition to optimize strategies
- Deliver, review and analyze financial performance against forecasts. Use analytics and operational best practices to drive innovation, maximizing economic efficiencies while delivering against customer, people and controls objectives
- Focus on performance management of direct reports with emphasis on leadership, skill development, while reinforcing an organizational culture of managerial accountability and employee engagement
- Collaborate closely with IT, Risk, Controls, Finance, Marketing and Compliance to ensure that product and process strategies are optimized against the operational strategic priorities
- Effectively communicates Chase, LOB and Department, and Management initiatives, expectations, updates and changes through clear and concise communication
Knowledge and Experience
- Masters of Business Administration is preferred
- 10 + years of relevant experience
- 5-7 years’ experience working with banking operations is required; mortgage operations preferred
- Advanced understanding of business and management functions in financial services
- Experience with implementation of project management processes and methodologies in a large and complex organization
- Product knowledge and understanding of Chase Home Lending processes preferred
- Process Improvement Methodologies, and Process Analysis & Design experience desired
Req #: 170089663