The Product Director has end-to-end accountability for the niche products within their product group and manages the product life-cycle. The individual will manage a persistent DevOps team for niche products and will be responsible for Agile ways of working. Additionally, the Product Director will manage resources that may matrix into other core application Product Teams. The leader will manage a close partnership with the Research Laboratory Systems, Scientific Tools and Functional Genomics, and Develop and Pilot Plant Systems Product Directors. A major focus within the Biopharm domain will be the digitization of laboratory workflows, coupled with automation, the end-to-end flow and integration of biopharm data from early discovery through to manufacturing.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Strategy: Accountable for developing and executing 3-year product roadmaps for products that support the specific department, in alignment with the department strategy and R&D stakeholders.
- Product management: Accountable for managing the product backlog and prioritizing all Tech services within their respective domain, ensuring continuous feedback from business customers and end users.
- Governance: Establish and lead Business Governance bodies, provide oversight and establish business value, manage overall delivery and service performance and manage business risk
- Business Process: Design the optimal set of products and services that meets the business strategy and requirements.
- Quality, Risk & Compliance: Accountable for ensuring all products supporting the business are compliant with internal security, risk management policies and practices, external regulatory and statutory requirements, and that R&D Tech continuity plans are in place for all business-critical products.
- Service Management: Accountable for ensuring the right services levels are in place and maintained in line with business need and the appropriate responses made to Voice of the Process (VOP) and Voice of the Customer (VOC).
- Process Improvement: Accountable for driving ongoing product and business process improvements, adopting a mixture of waterfall, hybrid and agile methodologies as appropriate.
- Change & Release management: Manage change activity, including Software-as-a-Service delivered change, into the production service in a compliant and efficient manner.
- Integrations: In collaboration with Solution Architecture, ensure that data integrations are efficient, accurate and secure. This also includes building reporting capabilities that support both operational reporting as well as analytic reporting.
- People Management: Accountable for line managing of the persistent team supporting the product group and ensuring ongoing succession planning to maintain business, through a mixture of GSK employees, augmented/contingent workers and strategic suppliers.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree in science, engineering, computing or similar discipline
- 8+ years relevant (e.g. R&D, Commercial, Corporate, GMS) experience and / or exposure to product management in an IT organization
- Track record in successful IT strategy development, solution design, program and project delivery and service management, within business lines
- Track record in delivering business impact through process and IT enabled solutions, within business lines.
- Experience of Agile and DevOps
- Experience of vendor management
- Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and communication skills at senior level.
- Deep content knowledge of specific domain.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Masters or PhD in science, engineering, computing or similar discipline