Req. ID: 116864
NVE SSD Product Development is one of the fast-growing business at Micron Technology, Inc. As a Product Development Team Lead (PDTL), you will be part of the SSD engineering group which is responsible for developing the most robust SATA & PCIe SSD products. This involves understanding all aspects of the SSD product (ASIC, PCB, NAND, FW) along with an understanding on what it takes to integrate and validate the product. Knowledge on supporting the customer qualifications both from a requirements and quality aspect is part of the scope of this job.
In this position, you will be working as part of the development team in xx and other global teams to deliver the high performance and high-quality products to OEM and datacenter customers. As the TPM you will be responsible for developing new solid-state drives from definition to internal qualification, customer qualification support and product launch and ramp into high volume manufacturing. This will involve product planning, project planning, schedules, map day, product capability and characterization, defining test requirements, qual requirements, completing product qualification, customer samples, customer support. Focus is on the engineering function but you will also be a key member of the product core team and work with other key functions like marketing, manufacturing, NAND technology and application engineers.
You will be one of a group of PDT Leads and will be helping develop the key processes to consistently deliver high quality products that meet and exceed the customer expectation.
Successful candidates will have the following, but not limited to:
- 5-7 years or equivalent experience in component or system development and at least 2+ years TPM Lead or technical program management experience
- Strong program management skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Skill in system-level problem solving, and guiding team in Corrective Actions
- Quick learner with high level of self-motivation and dedication
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and being able to work with cross functional teams internally and externally
- Able to summarize and pitch executive status
- Knowledge of mass storage systems, Flash (NAND/NOR), DRAM and ASIC
- Knowledge of storage integration into systems and platform
- Knowledge of SSD flash translation layer, wear leveling, garbage collection (Preferred)
- Working knowledge of hardware and/or firmware design. (Preferred)
- Knowledge of 2D & 3D NAND in device physics, reliability & endurance statistics (Preferred)
- A BS or MS in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
Keywords: Boise || Idaho (US-ID) || United States (US) || NVE (Non-Volatile Engineering Group) || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-MP1 ||
Nearest Major Market: Boise
Nearest Secondary Market: Meridian
Job Segment: Product Development, Firmware, Engineer, Electrical, Physics, Research, Technology, Engineering, Science