17-3908: Product Development Software Manager (FIRMS)
Full Time/Part TimeFull TimeClearanceObtain a Public TrustJob GroupTechnicalLocationCentreville, VA
Fulcrum’s leadershipin Pivotal Performance is a very basic but steadfast commitment to customersatisfaction. It is a philosophy that permeates our corporate culture andprovides the backbone for our business processes. Fulcrum brings peopleand technology together to make our customers’ mission successful.
Our Technologyservices are at the core of what our company was founded on and a corner stoneto our success. Fulcrum provides expert solutions to challenges in the areas ofTechnology, Research and Development Services, Cyber Security, IntelligenceAnalysis and Operations, Healthcare, and Mission Systems. We are seeking aProduct Development Software Manager to support our customer at theDepartment of Education.
Fulcrum is looking for a congenial andexperienced Product Development Software Manager to lead the developmentof a software project for a cybersecurity product. The ideal candidate wouldhave a wide variety of software development, product release, and cybersecurityexpertise, as well as the ability to work directly with partners and potentialcustomers to market the product.
Product and Project Planning
- Release planning including development of theproduct vision, goals, portfolio, roadmap, and release plan.
- Resource planning including developing estimates,budget, and financial planning for the development and release of the product.
- Risk and issue management including risk&issue tracking, mitigation, and action planning.
- Performance reporting of the products progress usingformal metrics, measurement& analysis techniques.
- Partners and communicate regularly with teams toensure companywide success.
- Establish strong, long-term customerrelationships.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables allparticipants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizationalobjectives.
- Actively participate in calls, meetings, andpresentations with partners and clients.
- Manage projects to completion on schedule andwithin budget.
- Other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
Software Development Management
- Manage the entire Software Development Lifecycle(SDLC) for the product, focusing on the on-time delivery of high quality,reliable, and usable systems in an Agile development environment.
- Gather, validate and implement requirements orideas from Product, Product Strategy, Customer support and Sales teams to makeyour strategies and programs successful.
- Oversee system architecture and design makingcertain to apply the goals of the product along with best practices andindustry standards.
- Oversee and assist with the development,debugging, and testing of software enhancements and/or new products.
- Oversee and assist with the creation of designdocuments, conducting of design and code reviews, development of unit tests, correctionof defects, and system maintenance.
Marketing and Sales
- Collaborate with partner channel(s) to identifyand engage potential product customers.
- Collect, track, and review customer data toidentify market expansion and growth opportunities.
- Develop product branding, collateral, andmessaging.
- Achieve assigned targets for sales volume andstrategic objectives via partner channel
- Manage and direct any alpha or beta testing fore-releasesoftware
- Manage product support in coordination withchannel partners.
- Own and implement escalation processes to ensureproblems identified by customers are managed to customer satisfaction.
- Successful experience and expertise developingand implementing high-level product strategies.
- Experience in developing, launching, andmaintaining software products or services.
- Experience and expertise as a product SubjectMatter Expert (SME).
- Exceptional communication and interpersonalskills with the ability to listen effectively, socialize ideas, and articulatethe vision of the company, both internally and externally in a compellingmanner.
- Excellent analytic problem-solving and critical-thinkingskills with a pragmatic approach to process improvement.
- Understanding of product design and UserCentered Design processes and fundamentals.
- Intelligent quick learner with an analyticalorientation, strategic vision, consensus building skills, and consultativestyle.
- Passionate about product design and development:discovering new solutions to problems and making them available to customers.
- Strong business judgment and the ability tocommunicate a vision and strategy with a relentless focus on the customer’sneeds.
- Entrepreneurial orientation and abilities tosuccessfully deliver product vision and goals.
- Independent time management, task prioritization,flexibility, and keen ability to identify problems and proactively work towardssolutions.
- Ability to innovate, initiate, and driveprojects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Ability to see "the big picture" anddig into the details at a granular level, both from a business and technicalprospective.
Desired or Preferred Knowledge, Skills, &Abilities:
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity concepts.
- Experience working with the Federal Government.
- Prior position as a product launch manager orequivalent.