Product Development Scientist III is responsible for leading aspects of new product development. This position requires strong functional skills at research organization and planning, critical thinking, trouble-shooting, problem-solving, data analysis, collaboration, consumer insights, and the ability to positively influence project direction. This position may support the category business team (Marketing, Operations, Quality, and Engineering) to influence new product development and research activities, ushering products through from inception and formulation to production and launch. In addition to product development, a PD Scientist III will seek new technologies, organizing and leading research that supports product development and considers related and relevant scientific advances. A PD Scientist III leads by example and provides effective coaching to junior scientists and technicians. The ideal candidate for this position can balancemultiple work or project assignments, requiring flexibility in the face of changing priorities and a commitment to serving projects asrequired. Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and Food Safety and Regulatory Standards is required. Experience in areas ofBeverage development, Coffee and Innovation is preferred.
What you will do:
- Effectively work within R&D and with business partners on NPD portfolio.
- Hands on development of products from inception through commercialization.
- Evaluate technologies to further New Product Development activities and accelerate Product Innovation.
- Critically analyze data / results and provide timely & business-relevant interpretation to management
- Ability to anticipate project challenges and proactively generate alternative solutions to achieve desired results
- Effectively lead projects and represent R&D with key stakeholders.
- Identify, engage, and manage external resources as required.
- Work with Operations personnel to test new technologies at GMCR plants and other facilities.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders, customers and suppliers.
- Lead by example and provide effective and positive coaching and mentoring to scientists, technicians and interns.
- Ability to provide effective technical input to guide a viable project portfolio.
- Skilled in DOE, Stage Gate, Lean, HACCP, Six Sigma, and GLPs
- Passion for continuous learning for self and organization.
What you must have:
- M.S. in Food Science from an Institute of Food Technologists approved program preferred
- B.S. in Nutrition or other relevant, scientific discipline
- 7+ years of relevant experience. BS in Food Science from an Institute of Food Technologists approved program required; Chemistry (Analytical, Organic, Bio-) or other relevant discipline
- Consumer Packaged Goods industry experience, Beverage preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel 15-30% annually, both domestic and international
- Possess high energy and a strong desire to learn and achieve
- Experience working within MS Office Suite
- Proficient in English language both verbal and written
- Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures
- Up to 25% Travel