Come do your best work.
Skip builds sustainable, shared electric vehicle networks for last mile-transportation.
We believe in working together with transportation departments, community groups, and neighborhoods -- not in spite of them. This approach enabled us to receive the first permitted system of our kind in the U.S.
We have experience building safe and innovative products. We've been passionately working on the future of last-mile transportation for nearly a decade. In 2011, our team co-founded Boosted and helped design the first portable electric vehicle to use modern EV motor and battery systems.
We've launched our service in some of the largest U.S. cities, and we have charted a path for rapidly expanding Skip across the country. To get there, we need your help. :)
Skip is immediately hiring for roles across software and hardware engineering, product, government relations, and ground operations as we rapidly expand across the country.
Skip Scooters is looking for an experienced mechanical engineer that will join our team ready to design world-quality "last-mile transportation vehicles." The ideal candidate, preferably, has experience in consumer electronics and transportation vehicles. They need to be able to work independently, interfacing with our internal teams and external suppliers to develop the next generation scooters.
- Contribute to the mechanical design and development of new Skip scooters and improve designs of current generation products
- Utilize best in class tools to develop innovative solutions to design challengesIdentify design issues and determines design direction, goals and plans tasks for segments of engineering programs
- Generate and maintain mechanical engineering schedule for own tasks and responsibilities
- Determine and implement changes to enhance design or meet functional specifications
- Meet cost goals and monitors current cost statusSolicit guidance and feedback as necessary to improve performance
- Perform stress, and tolerance analyses on new or existing designs or concepts to determine theoretical design feasibility
- Design and conduct experiments using statistical tools and techniques to confirm analyses, to evaluate new or existing designs to conform to product specifications and resolve problems.
- Develop and presents test plans when problems arise, coordinates testing and data acquisition.
- Interface with program team members, suppliers and customers.
- Negotiate tasks and schedules with other internal groups to ensure conformance to product schedules
- Travel to customers, suppliers and/or factory as necessary
- BSME degree or equivalent
- Experience in manufacturing process engineering of 5+ years
- Understanding of manufacturing and fabrication processes such as injection molding, sheetmetal and castings, design for manufacturability (DFM) and design for assembly (DFA)Must be knowledgeable in basic computer skills, Creo, Minitab (or similar) and working knowledge of common business applications
- Ability to create, read and interpret engineering drawings
- Knowledge of worst-case and statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, geometric tolerancing as well as structural and general mechanical engineering analysis
- Analytical problem-solving skills, part and system testing, data acquisition skills, and ability to use statistical tools and techniques
- Knowledge of design engineering, test processes and factory processesGood written and verbal communication skills, ability to operate within a team environment as well as organizational and time management skills
What we offer
- Competitive salary plus
- Generous benefits package - including health, dental, and vision insurance
- An opportunity to work for an early stage startup in an industry that is at an inflection point