Product Development Mechanical Designer
We are looking for ??Product Development Mechanical Designer for our client in Warsaw, IN
Job Title: Product Development Mechanical Designer
Job Location: Warsaw, IN
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Min 2 year of exp
- Product Development Mechanical Designer
- The Product Development Mechanical Designer will work in product development and will develop ideas and concepts for implant and instrument systems utilizing CAD models, prints, and available technologies and own these designs through commercialization. He/she will be responsible for preparing design proposals, surgical technique storyboards, and CAD layouts for concept evaluation.
- These Activities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Responsible for the design of medical device products from concept through development, testing, and manufacturing scale-up.
- Creates solid models, drawings, tolerance analyses, and other supporting product documentation.
- Supports the production of prototypes with internal and external resources and supports design evaluations to meet project goals.
- Participates in conceptual phase of new product development in conjunction with Product Development Engineering.
- Supports the resolution of difficult engineering and manufacturing problems utilizing advanced CAD techniques, rapid and conventional prototyping, and other available technologies.
- Solves design problems utilizing GD&T for engineering/design information and project documentation.
- Supports translation, transfer, and data verification of CAD data to and from outside vendors (i.e. prints) and works withManufacturing Engineering to establish methods of producing product (i.e. design for manufacturing and assembly).
Collaborate with other DePuy Synthes colleagues worldwide to develop tools and materials in support of Skills:
- A minimum of 2 years design experience with CAD/CAM/RP systems
- Experience with performing design trade-offs for functionality, form factor, cost, schedule and riskpreferred.
- Strong track record utilizing computer aided design (CAD) to develop product is required. Experience with Unigraphics NX preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of various types of manufacturing, mechanisms, materials, proper tolerancing, drafting standards (ANSI and ISO), and GD&T required.
- Ability to perform all assigned tasks, work independently, and complete work on schedule
- Ability to communicate effectively in multi-discipline, cross cultural environment and levels of organization
- Strong problem solving skills and efficient management of time and resources.
- BE / BS