Product Development Manager - Nonwovens
Our client is an international manufacturer of nonwoven roll goods, with a US production facility in North Carolina. This company is considered to be the "high tech" of nonwovens.
They seek a Product Development Manager for their US operation.
- Identify new product needs and opportunities
- interface with company management in the US and overseas
- Participate in customer meetings, presenting company capabilities and ideas
- Product development / production of new products
- Communication of information about new products to all company units
- Verification that customer specifications are being met
- Conduct pilot line and production trials
- Collect and record all data from the development process
- Improvement of existing products based on customer needs, technological progress, improved capabilities and new materials.
- Continuous improvement of quality performance and costs
- Participate in technical conferences and industry trade shows
- Work with Quality team and advise other Company units about Quality Control parameters
- Act as a technical resource for Sales staff
3-10years experience in a product development or R&D role in a related manufacturing environment. Experience with nonwoven fabrics and/or hygiene or personal care products is an advantage.