Careers that Change Lives:The Product Development Manager provides leadership for new product development and sustaining activities for the Superficial Venous Disease portfolio. This position has responsibility for multiple products and staff including engineering personnel. The Product Development Manager has broad cross-functional knowledge and comprehensive project management and technical skills to provide direction, coaching and leadership to support engineering activities. This individual collaborates with Marketing, Quality, Regulatory Affairs, Operations and internal and external partners to achieve business results.
A Day in the Life:• Provide leadership, coaching and career development to team. Serve as an advisor regarding tasks, projects and operations. Evaluate and provide candid feedback to personnel.• Seek out and engage regularly with peers, creating an environment of exchange and learning. Openly share successes, challenges, and failures to promote the team’s collective learning and overall improvement. • Serve as program manager and or functional engineering lead on new product development process and sustaining engineering projects.• Partner and work effectively with cross-functional and cross-business teams.• Develop a robust understanding of the clinical practice, literature, and KOL opinions on Venous Disease.• Maintain a current understanding of the competitive landscape.• Perform job functions in accordance with applicable GMP and ISO standards.• Comply with applicable FDA and international regulatory laws and standards.Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Directs, designs and implements a comprehensive product management strategy.
- Functions as the central resource with design, manufacturing, quality and test, and marketing as the product(s) move to completion and distribution.
- Directs those involved in the design, modification, and evaluation of all phases of a specific product or group of products from product definition through production and release (i.e., Product Lifecycle Management).
- Ensures that products shipped meet specifications and quality goals.
- Formulates and executes long-term plans for cost/profit control.
- Promotes use of new technologies and industry-leading trends to product management activities.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Required:• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical or biomedical engineering or related technical field • 10+ years of applicable work experience including experience providing work direction and leadership to people and teams• Demonstrated strong people and communication skills• Established influencing and interpersonal skills• Knowledge of medical device industry practices, techniques and standards, including experience with project management concepts and principles• New product development experience, including successful launch and commercialization
Nice to Have:• Experience leading technical teams to achieve high performance• Strong leadership presence• Strong problem solving capabilities• Experience with process improvements and change management