Product Development Manager
If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. welcomes your application. MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The Product Development Manager manages and supports the overall vision, goals, and objectives for MedImpact Enterprise Products and Services. This position is responsible for supporting the execution of new product development and enhancements to existing products and services from concept through deployment. This position also ensures products and services are successful, meet corporate operational excellence criteria, and yield revenue to meet target goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports the research, development and implementation of Enterprise Products and Services. Identifies, analyzes, monitors and suggests actions for products and services that materially contribute to the mission of the company
- Supports the enterprise product strategy, vetting and prioritization process.Evaluates new product development opportunities and existing product enhancements/extensions based on defined product criteria
- Manages the conceptualization, design, product development and implementation of approved new and expanded products & services utilizing industry standard methodologies for product lifecycle management
- Responsible for the execution of one or more simultaneous products under development, from product concept and approval through deployment.This may include support of: product strategy definition and roadmap; development of marketing and product requirements documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification; prototype development; and development of strong voice of the customer and competitive intelligence
- This position will interface with other areas within the company, including IT, Sales & Marketing, Operations, Finance/Analytics and Project Management
- Provides product management support for assigned products and services, including: annual strategic product planning; revenue and expense budgeting and forecasting; pricing; salesstrategy development and facilitation; product positioning, packaging, and messaging; marketing and sales material development; product training, assessment, and support; RFP support; and product demonstrations
- Serves as the primary liaison between cross functional business units for product development and management of Enterprise Products and Services
- Conducts market and competitive analysis by retrieving information from a variety of sources, including but not limited to proprietary databases, Internet, focus groups and other data sources.Utilizes information retrieved to conduct research and analysis and presents results to leadership and product teams
- Completes all documentation throughout the product or project lifecycle, including creating business cases, business plans, business requirements, and product toolkits
Education and/or Experience
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university along with seven (7) to ten (10) plus years job related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and job related experience. A Master’s degree is preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and a working knowledge of relational databases and Web-based technologies.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Product Development Certification (e.g. PDMA, AIPMM) preferred
- Project Management Professional certification preferred
Other Skills and Abilities
- Previous new product development, product management, and sales/marketingexperiencerequired, preferably in the health information technology or a closely-related field
- Prior pharmacy benefits management, disease management, healthcare or managed care environment experience a plus
- Experience in more than one of the following disciplines a plus:Software Engineering, Product Marketing, Finance, Operations
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable in product and project life cycles and methodologies, continuous quality improvement, and change management
- Knowledgeable in marketing, including market research, market sizing, targeting, pricing, marketing communications, sales training, and product launch
- Thorough knowledge of IT systems, applications, databases, architecture, and software development lifecycle
- General knowledge of finance, including ability to read and understand financial data such as product income statements, ROI analysis, net-present value analysis
- General knowledge of operations, including scheduling, procurement, manufacturing, test engineering and quality systems
- Knowledge and experience with Agile project management methodologies a plus.
- Clear track record for achieving goals