JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Reporting to the VP of Product and Market Development, this position will create and execute new business growth initiatives within strategic markets. This role presents an opportunity for a successful process or product development engineer to grow into a strategic business leadership position. Materion’s capabilities and reputation as a leading materials innovator create a challenging and entrepreneurial environment that blends technology development with a wide ranging marketing experience. The incumbent is expected to have a broad technical background, enabling them to identify and develop new product solutions for a variety of next generation applications. This includes actively participating in internally focused process and technology development initiatives, as well as leading technical and marketing activities with strategic global customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively communicate and coordinate between Process Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing personnel regarding the successful launch of new product platforms
- Technically support strategic market initiatives in the field through extensive customer meetings and communications
- Responsible for new product launches that will include coordination of pricing/profitability, competitive analysis as well as external technology assessments
- Support MTM’s broad global business with responsibilities that will include the coordination of domestic and international strategic programs. Both domestic and international travel will be required (10-25%)
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the position described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the role.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum BS in related Engineering Curriculum, Materials Science preferred.
- 5 years minimum industrialexperience with a focus on materials (metals preferred)
- Previous product and market development experience, including customer contact
- Excellent interpersonal skills; especially communicating complex technical issues to a variety of audiences.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong ability to effectively identify new product opportunities and its market application
- Strong entrepreneurial attitude