This position is responsible for managing the development and maintenance of Epiq Systems’ enterprise level software solutions.
- Manage a cross-disciplinary Agile (Scrum) development team, consisting of Software Engineers, Quality Assurance Analysts, and Business Analysts
- Keep a critical eye on new design specifications and raise quality, performance or architectural concerns
- Mentor development team members with a constructive, results oriented approach
- Remove impediments that Scrum teams cannot remove themselves
- Enforce the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Provide high level estimates of future development projects
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills are a must
- High energy, proactive and approachable personality who enjoy solving diverse problems
- Proven problem solving abilities and creative thinking
- At least 7 years of Software development experience, with at least 2 years in a management role
- Ability to positively interact with all members of development team
- Thorough understanding of object oriented development theory
- Experience working with an RDBMS; such as Oracle or SQL Server
- Knowledge of concurrent programming challenges: multi-threading, race conditions, deadlock, semaphores, etc.
- Familiarity with developing or working in a Windows environment (Visual Studio, TFS)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Master’s degree is a plus.