The Operations Engineering team plays a crucial role in our operation by providing the following:
- DevOps for internally developed applications and middleware which support our proprietary and third party tools
- Tier 3 support for escalations and investigations related to our mission-critical products and services
- Act as a liaison between Operations and Software Development group when necessary, facilitating an open line of communication between core development and operations.
- Working with internal and external customers to craft solutions and provide custom reporting
- Researching and vetting of new and related technologies to support current and future business initiatives
Our business is fast-paced and dynamic, and the Operations Engineering team is relied upon to address the most urgent needs of our business quickly and effectively. The team supports data investigations primarily stemming from third party industry standard eDiscovery tools, such as Nuix and Relativity, in addition to proprietary Oracle and SQL based platforms.
Basic Job Function:
The manager of the Operations Engineering team is accountable for mentoring and managing a cohesive team of high-performing professionals who are routinely called upon to quickly deliver custom solutions while maintaining a high level of quality. The ideal candidate should be proficient with identifying and delivering frequent process improvements which reduce opportunity for error, accelerate turnaround times, and lower operational costs for the business.
- Managing the day to day activities and performance of the Operations Engineering team.
- Monitoring the team’s backlog and priorities, ensuring that deliverables are flowing smoothly through the operation and that team resources are being utilized efficiently and effectively.
- Collecting, analyzing and reporting on department metrics, activities, status, and trends to internal stakeholders.
- Coordinating initiatives, projects, and deployments in conjunction with cross functional teams drawn from internal stakeholders
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders throughout the company to assess relative priorities, resolve issues, clarify requirements, set appropriate expectations, and ensure excellent service delivery.
- Assist in strengthening internal customer relationships by working directly with leadership as needed to communicate the resolution of technical issues and/or the development and delivery of requested enhancements and customizations.
- Creating and executing tactical goals in support of Epiq strategic objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director, Operations Engineering
Abilities & Qualities:
- Strong teambuilding skills; able to lead by both example and directive.
- Highly proficient in Agile development methodologies
- A team player with a solution-oriented attitude who is able to develop those qualities in others. Experience developing within, and guiding, Test Driven Development projects, including automated Unit and Integration Testing
- Professional managing of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Commitment to delivering a high level of quality and customer service.
- Advanced technical acumen and a desire to learn new technologies and processes.
- Commitment to innovation - always looking to develop and refine processes and deploy new technologies which deliver added value to the company and our clients.
- Able to thrive in a deadline-driven environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Able to train others in Epiq best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to give effective status updates and presentations to internal customers and stakeholders
- Able to work independently often and to exercise sound judgment and discretion in handling multiple priorities, escalating as appropriate.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a leadership role in the eDiscovery industry OR, a minimum of five years of experience managing a team of direct reports in a similarly technical field
- Object oriented programming with Ruby, .NET, Python, Java
- Database experience with Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and Oracle RDBMS
- Significant knowledge and experience using Nuix and Relativity strongly preferred
- Proven track record of continuous process improvement, especially around automation and quality control
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field or equivalent experience.