This position plays a critical role bringing new products to market for the EO and Everyone brands. From concept to launch, you navigate timelines, map dependencies and partner with our vendors and internal production teams to ensure on-time and on-budget projects. You are results driven, using margin and revenue to guide planning and decision-making.
What you'll be doing:
Project Management (25%)
- Manage Product development projects including new SKU launches, product optimizations, label refreshes and web/marketing product initiatives.
- Lead "quick strike" process to accelerate delivery of new product opportunities that help our brands grow shelf-presence in our focus categories.
- With support of Product Development Associate, build and manage project timelines for new products utilizing Project Management software to manage milestones across multiple teams.
- Improve efficiency of project management through troubleshooting of our process and proactive recommendations on workflow improvements.
Product Creation (50%)
- Contribute to Product Roadmap strategy by identifying key trends and market shifts to optimize our overall product assortment.
- Use competitive benchmarking, consumer research and costing analysis to refine new product concepts into executable, market-ready products.
- Partner with Finance, Operations, Marketing and Sales to develop the business case and forecast for new product launches.
- Collaborate with R&D on product strategy, providing direction for packaging, scents, formulation and key product attributes.
- Communicate key benefits and features of new products to Sales and Brand Studio to support successful go-to-market and activation of campaigns.
- Create feedback loop on year 1 performance vs. forecast, partnering with Marketing and Sales team on key learnings and opportunities to optimize sales results.
Packaging Sourcing and Development (25%)
- Develop new and innovative packaging concepts to meet sustainability goals and improve 'ship-friendly' formats.
- Partner with the Operations team to establish a sourcing and vendor strategy for packaging.
- Identify opportunities to utilize existing componentry, label die sizes, shippers, etc. for new products to help optimize margins.
- Collaborate with Operations and Supply Chain to troubleshoot packaging issues, prioritizing solutions to improve customer experience.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelors degree in Science or Business.
- 3-5+ years related experience in consumer packaged goods development.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel & Word, and G Suite
- Integrity and discretion in dealing with confidential information
- High level of accuracy, mathematical and in communication
- Understanding of the natural personal care/beauty markets