GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
Responsible for managing Research & Development staff and technical projects to resolve major technical issues in handling and processing of fresh-cut vegetable products.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Conduct feasibility assessments on new product concepts or product improvement opportunities.
- Provide technical leadership to R & D’s New Product Innovation group.
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales to assure that all new product development projects are completed accurately and on time.
- Coordinate technical development efforts with appropriate external business functions to meet business objectives.
- Coordinate with other departments (Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality Assurance and Purchasing) to determine equipment needs, materials and processes necessary to produce new products.
- Assure technically sound research is conducted.
- Comply with Food Safety Requirements and GMPs as applicable to this position.
- Other duties as assigned
- Solid understanding of food science, post-harvest physiology, and statistical experimental design.
- Working knowledge of complex analytical instrumentation and computers.
- Management, consulting, and training skills are also necessary.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
- Working knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
- Must have the ability to make decisions, maintain regular and acceptable attendance, follow directions, and interact well with co-workers.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- 5-7 years + related R&D activity.
- B.S. degree in Food Science preferred with related experience, or B.S. degree with equivalent work experience.
Tracking Code 766