The Opportunity | Product Development Manager
We are seeking a hands-on, self-motivated Product Development Manager with a proven track record of successfully managing product developments. The Product Development Manager will lead a dynamic group of Engineers responsible for the development of new products/features and the support of the existing product lines. These products are produced to comply with open standard hardware and software. Products include technologies such as VPX, VME, compact PCI, PMC/XMC mezzanines, Serial RapidIO, Graphics, VxWorks, Embedded Linux and Ethernet Switching.
The Product Development Manager will be responsible for project planning and execution from concept to manufacturing. They will also work closely with other cross-functional team members in Engineering, Customer Support, Sales and Marketing. This role is in a fast paced environment with many variables and daily challenges.
- Able to lead/manage a cross functional team
- Adhere to defined development processes and procedures
- Responsible for moving the product from concept/specification definition through development to production release
- Interface with other departments and customers
- Provide accurate estimates for development activities
- Provide technical solutions and recommendations
- Provide technical leadership/mentoring for team members
- Contribute to process improvements
- Prepare detailed development plans and schedules
- Direct management of hardware, FPGA and software design resources
- Contribute as a member of the leadership team
- Ability to define work for and manage subcontractors
- Pre and Post-Sales support when needed by the Product Marketing or Customer Support
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 8years' experience, or an equivalent education and complementary experience.
- Demonstrated drive and ability to achieve goals in an innovative and fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business need
- The candidate should be a results-oriented team player who leads by example, holds themselves accountable for performance, takes ownership of their responsibilities, and champions process improvement initiatives
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills - both written and verbal; to liaise with internal and external customers
- Self- confident leader capable of motivating and mentoring their staff
- High attention to detail and solid engineering background
- Ability to estimate/schedule development projects using project scheduling and management tools
- Good understanding of hardware and software design processes
- Good understanding of the release of products to manufacturing
- Familiarity with VME, VPX, compact PCI, PMC/XMC mezzanines, PCIe, Serial RapidIO and VxWorks an asset
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the Controlled Goods Directorate (CGD).
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.