Milliman (www.milliman.com) is an international consulting firm with over 3,100 employees and $1.1 billion in annual revenue. With over 70+ years in the consulting business, we have an excellent reputation for superior tools and service to our clients as well as transparency and independence. The Omaha Health & Welfare practice was started 20 years ago to serve large employers in the design and administration of their employee benefit insurance plans. Since then, it has expanded to include underwriting to PEOs and MEWAs and now personal benefit plans. Much of our success depends on our employees and our culture that recognizes and rewards employees for the value they bring to our business in general and our clients in particular. The atmosphere is business casual with 75 other professionals in an upscale office setting in Pacific Place office park. Due to our growth, we are in the process of building out a new office building at the southwest corner of 180th and Dodge Street and plan to move in the fall of 2020.
The PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT - IT will report directly to Zach Harris, Senior Manager of the Personal Benefit Portal, and Ron Cornwell, Equity Principal. They will also work closely with Jason Speer, Equity Principal, JD Gustafson, Sales, and Brooke Gordon, marketing. They will execute the product vision, manage resources to promote scaling, optimize the user experience and functionality of the platform, and coordinate and lead internal and external consulting engineering personnel. The ideal PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT - IT has established experience in working with technology and insurance services at all levels specifically building and designing consumer facing platforms. This person should have a strong understanding of the operational requirements, revenue goals, and insights into how to make things more user-friendly, functional and scalable.
- Familiarity with the operational procedures at all levels of the organization.
- Understanding of InsurTech ecosystem
- Understanding of insurance distribution ecosystem
- A strong analytical and data-driven mindset
- Strong project management skills with the ability to inspire employees to live up to their potential and optimize their productivity.
- Ability to communicate the vision to all executive levels and company employees.
- Hold 5+ years of industry experience in a leadership position - especially in a startup/scale-up environment
- Have a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to train others.
RESPONSIBILITES (in order of importance)
- Supervisory Role:The PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT - IT oversees third party consultants and all roles in the product development department. The PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT - IT manages the team to ensure all roles are properly defined and executed most effectively.
- Collaboration: The position of PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT - IT is cross-functional and requires a high level of collaboration with different departments and different levels. The PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT - IT partners up with other organizational leaders in order to align and execute product strategies and ensure that each department receives the right level of support. The PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT - IT also works directs the software engineering department and aligns with design, sales, marketing, and other departments to deliver the Personal Benefit Portal product into the market.
- Recruitment: The PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT - IT also plays a pivotal role in the recruitment of new personnel to their team. The PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT - IT will have a key role in the interviewing, recruiting, and onboarding of new staff, both internal and external.
- Product & Market Assessment:The PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT - IT is responsible for spearheading evaluation, investigation and assessment on the value of the product and the product market. The PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT - IT will process market information and product features, identify opportunities, and present these to senior leadership of the Personal Benefit Portal. This information ultimately serves to influence the business’s product strategy and ensures that the business makes informed and beneficial decisions.
- Innovation:The PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT - IT is also tasked with overseeing the innovation and improvement of the Personal Benefit Portal product as well as the day-to-day product activities in such a way that ensures that the product is constantly growing to suit the consumers’ needs. The PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT - IT ensures that our team makes modifications in the product or strategy in order to achieve optimal results in selected metrics. In this capacity, the PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT - IT is essentially responsible for identifying opportunities with other key stakeholders that lead to the growth of the product through innovation while still maintaining the fundamental goals and priorities of the Personal Benefit Portal.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and abilities. Milliman offers a full package of benefits, including medical, dental, life, disability, PTO, and 401(k) plans that ranks as one of the best in the area.
Bachelor of Science or better.