HBF, an industry leader in workplace furnishings and a top brand in the HNI Corporation enterprise, is in search of a Product Development Engineering Manager to join our team in Hickory, NC!
Primary Purpose: Supervise the engineering department that continuously provides support and information on all HBF products to all appropriate departments. Review more efficient ways regarding engineering and manufacturing operations. Continue to develop and strengthen the rapport with engineering and other departments.
Some of the essential aspects of the position include:
- Lead the Engineering Services team; conduct performance evaluations, development plans, corrective action, and other personnel actions.
- Influence and drive operations engagement; identifying root causes and prompting corrective action.
- Drive improvement and provide visibility to support plant efficiency.
- Develop best practices to enhance business; align and improve standards.
- Track and minimize material structure variance for cost savings to improve material processes.
- Lead inventory control initiatives to improve financial results.
- Create and maintain bills of material including new product introductions, transformation initiatives and transition projects; ensure bills of material accuracy.
- Lead governance and tracking of all bills of material updates to validate cost impacts and provide approvals where necessary.
- Work with HBF’s Product Development, Procurement, and Manufacturing to develop new or enhance existing products.
- Responsible and accountable for maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality.
- Occasionally works with other members of the Engineering group to accomplish larger projects.
- Interfaces with Manufacturing to resolve issues.
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in engineering with concentration on manufacturing.
- A Minimum of 4 years progressive professional engineering experience in industrial engineering
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with proven ability to own an initiative and drive successful results for multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in Oracle, inventory system knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change, handle multiple projects and incorporate lean manufacturing principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with all organizational levels.
- Prior experience governing and tracking Bill of Materials.
- Resourcefulness in problem solving.
- Build teams, mentor, and lead others.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation’s leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products, which include a full array of gas, electric, wood, and pellet-burning fireplaces, inserts, stoves, facings, and accessories.