Product Development Engineer - Polymers
Product Development Engineer Summary
Search Solution Group is searching for a Product Development Engineer for our client. This role is primarily responsible for providing engineering product management and support to innovative projects and customer sales from development to commercialization. This includes working in the lab, providing technical support for marketing and sales, attending field trails, presentations, and creating reports for customers.
The right candidate has dynamic analytical skills to be able to apply advanced mathematical concepts. He or she must have sound reasoning abilities as well as top-notch communication skills to work with all levels of personnel. Additionally, this role will work within a team to develop creative technical solutions within regulatory constraints.
- Plan and formulate experiment that are related to the testing and manufacturing of the company’s products, focusing on cementitious and polymer materials.
- Create documents and reports related to completion or project status for released to specific customers.
- Create and conduct trials in the lab of manufacturers who are potential and current customers of the company and oversee the intake of samples into and out of the lab, preparing reports for customers.
- Usein knowledge of engineering principals, review product designs, and ensure they fall within company standards and customer requirements.
- Investigate any complaints of current products.
- Supportmarketing and sales with technical engineering issues related to product concepts or designs.
- Increase lab efficiency by researching improved methods and broaden the scope of research
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Materials Engineering
- 3+ years of product development experience
- Experience in a food regulatory environment preferred
- Experience with Salesforce and LIMSdesired
- Programming skills a plus