Pentair plc (NYSE: PNR) is a global company dedicated to building a safer, more sustainable world. Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Its technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion, Pentair employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
A global water leader focused on smart, sustainable water and fluid processing applications. It designs, manufactures and delivers innovative solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers who place a premium on high quality water and fluids. Strategic business units include Aquatic and Environmental Systems, Water Filtration, Water Technologies, Process Technologies, and Fluid Motion. Pentair's Water segment generated approximately $2.8 billion in sales in 2016.
Pentair is currently seeking a Product Development Engineer to work on the design, development and implementation of Pentair Water Filtration products. In this role, the Product Development Engineer will support Product Management and Manufacturing through new product development projects along with sustaining engineering support. The person will interface regularly with product managers, engineers, laboratory technicians, manufacturing operators & staff, tool makers, service technicians, vendors and customers on a local and global basis. Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and participate in cross functional projects.
- Experience with design of plastic components, fiber-reinforced pressure vessels, and product testing.
- Leads projects with minimal management direction.
- Ability to execute and coordinate multiple projects while maintaining the project schedule and cost budget.
- Contributes to the project scope, development of the budget, and the project schedule.
- Completes all aspects of project assignments accurately and on time, including development of design, performance criteria, quality levels, verification methods and other aspects as required.
- Assists/participates in specific engineering initiatives such as safety, value engineering, warranty reduction efforts, quality improvements or other projects as assigned.
Job Requirements & Skills
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering curriculum, preferably Mechanical or Plastics Engineering.
- Minimum of 6 plus years of experience in product design engineering including complex project management.
- Experience with design of plastic components, composites, component assembly, fixtures and product testing.
- Material properties – understanding of plastics (thermoset and thermoplastics), metals and elastomers for potable water contact.
- Fluent with SolidWorks
- Experience with design of plastic components, fiber-reinforced pressure vessels, and product testing
- Team player with the ability to lead and participate in cross functional projects.
- Critical thinker. Analytical thought process so that root causes can be determined from observed output.
- Performs work consistent with expected standards of performance, exhibits accuracy and thoroughness in carrying out work duties. Must exhibit a high level of self discipline to detail and initiating actions in a timely manner.
- Must have good communication skills to facilitate public speaking, talking on the telephone, writing and listening at all staffing levels.
- Experience using engineering tools (FMEA’s, DOE, DVP&R, RCCM, PLM, Risk Analysis, Statistics, etc.)
- Fluent in English language (French, Spanish, Chinese a plus)
- Must be competent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and MS Project.
- Knowledge of Minitab, FEA, ERP(SAP/JDE) is a plus
- Promotes a positive company image, putting the customer first, with positive energy and absolute integrity.
- Must be able to travelinternationally as required.
- Engineer (plastics or mechanical) with designexperience of water treatment system components including but not limited to fittings, mechanisms, valves, elastomers, plastic parts, fixtures, and pressure vessels.
- Manufacturing process understanding of injection molding, rotational molding, blow molding and filament winding is highly desired.
Physical And Mental Demands
Walking, standing, bending, lifting up to 50 lbs/25 kgs., use of a computer, typing and ability to clearly communicate in English (written and spoken).