Vacancy ID 2018-26091
Integra LifeSciences, a world leader in medical technology, is dedicated to limiting uncertainty for surgeons, so they can concentrate on providing the best patient care. Integra offers innovative solutions in orthopedic extremity surgery, neurosurgery, reconstructive and general surgery, and regenerative wound care.
Integra's orthopedic products include devices and implants for foot and ankle, hand and wrist, shoulder and elbow, tendon and peripheral nerve protection and repair. Integra is a leader in neurosurgery, offering a broad portfolio of implants, devices, instruments and systems used in neurosurgery, neuromonitoring, neurotrauma, and related critical care. Integra’s Tissue Technologies is an in-patient and outpatient Regenerative product portfolio, which includes products for wound care, burns, abdominal reconstruction, and plastic & reconstructive surgery. In the United States, Integra is a leading provider of surgical instruments to hospitals, surgery centers and alternate care sites, including physician and dental offices.
Founded in 1989 Integra is headquartered in Plainsboro, New Jersey and has over 3,300 employees worldwide. Integra's common stock is listed on The NASDAQ Stock Market under the symbol "IART."
The Product Engineer II will be responsible for the mechanical design aspects of a project, interacting with external design and development partners, participating on cross-functional project teams through all phases of the product development process, and assisting the technical team with planning, executing, documenting and communicating testing activities.
- Plan and conduct design/development engineering assignments generally involving projects of major magnitude and scope
- Estimates human resource needs and schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications.
- Coordinate and direct engineers, designers and technicians assigned to projects.
- Provide support for field-based Sales Team and other Commercial partners.
- Partner with Upstream Marketing, Sales and key external stakeholders (5Ps) to identify unmet clinical/surgical needs; evaluate options; and provide sound engineering solutions.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to launch new products.
- Attend industry trade-shows, professional education events, and other company-sponsored events to provide product training and support to customers as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with preference for Mechanical, Bio-Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering.
- Advanced Degree (MS) is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of engineering experience is required
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Black Belt certification is desired
- Minimum of 2 years of Project Management experience is preferred.
- Experience in the medical device industry is preferred, especially in the neurosurgery field.
- Experience working with electromechanical products and electrical instrumentation is a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of various types of manufacturing, mechanisms, materials, tolerances, drafting standards, and GD&T is required.
- The ability to work and execute projects tasks within a cross functional environment is required.
- Prior experience working with project teams bringing products from concept to launch is preferred.
- Strong communication skills are required; the ability to effectively communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals, surgeons, customers and/ or teams.