When applying for this position, you are required to provide the following information:
1. Cover Letter Stating:
- Why do you see yourself as a good match for the position
- Why you are interested in working for Grundfos
- What you can offer Grundfos
2. Resume clearly stating and emphasizing the details you see being relevant for this position.
Example of relevant task/job/role that you currently have or have had in the past. We expect you to provide information enabling us to review your past experience and in any case more than a job
This position is in the Tech Center US with office in Brookshire, Texas. The Tech Center supports the US region with detailed design support for existing and new product development.
The Tech Center is a part of Grundfos’ global product development organization and this position will be working closely together with peers in especially the US, Europe and China.
The job focuses on 3D driven development using Catia in an advanced and global environment
The solutions typically have focus on energy efficiency used for application in drinking water wells, boosting of water supply and circulation of water in industry and buildings.
The engineer will be working closely together with highly skilled designers in US Engineering and our production organization using robust design techniques to develop the overall best product.
In addition, a high level of knowledge about materials and production technology is required.
- Performs Tech Center assignments that requires knowledge of mechanical engineering theory, concepts and experience.
- Design new pump models and improve the structures of existing models using state of the art CAD tools and templates
- Responsible for the creation of Bill of Material (BOM) and drawings
- Supports Test Lab to resolve mechanical test problems in timely manner.
- Supports Field Service on mechanical issues, new project proposals and project negotiations.
- Upon request make recommendations to Marketing, Engineering and Field Service, regarding feasibility and advisability of product modifications as well as writing up of technical engineering specifications.
- Help QA and assembly to identify unacceptable mechanical parts pro-actively in order to reduce test failures. Will propose and implement good practices in Engineering and Assembly to improve product test pass rate.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- Education: B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering and minimum 5years of relevant professional mechanical business experience
- 3D CAD modeling. Experience with Catia.
- 2D drawings incl. GD&T
- Knowledge and experience with design processes and tools such as advanced DoE, DFMEA, 3D, 6-s as well as parametric modelling.
- Production methods and materials e.g. Casting, Sheet metal, composite and aluminum.
- English - verbal and written – well versed, capable of functioning in an English-only speaking environment as well as communicating with less English-proficient global peers
- Experience in working to reliability and robustness standards
- Understanding of project planning methods and tools
- Able to travel domestic and internationally and have a passport
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Be able to work in office as well as manufacturing environments, where sitting still, standing as well as lifting up to 50lbs, may be required.
- Able to work outside normal office hours, as may be required in relation to travel or collaborations with global peers (such as early morning or late evening Skype meetings).
- Within the scope of this Job Description, adhere to the Company’s ISO Quality Program, Company Policy and Safety / Environmental Regulations.
- The personal skills and knowledge required to perform the job effectively.
- Interpersonal / Cooperative skills - working together with direct colleagues and other parts of the global organization.
- Structured and conscientious - ensuring high-quality and timely deliverables.
- Able to deal with ambiguity and work under time pressure.
- Able to work in a team or individually, with other departments in Grundfos, in a team focused non-blaming culture.