Product Development Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for Product Development Engineer for our client in Lowell, MI
Job Title: Product Development Engineer
Job Location: Lowell, MI
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
Experience Level (Years):5+
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Work assigned schedule and meet attendance requirements.
- Work with industrial design to develop concept models to clearly communicate design and engineering ideas.
- Transform concepts at prototype scale into production ready designs.
- Develop 3D CAD models that communicate design intent to CAD designers and other team stakeholders.
- Write performance specifications to facilitate clear direction for new product development requirements.
- Lead efforts to complete and maintain Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA) for assigned projects.
- Formally document test plan in DVP&R. Work closely with test lab to execute the test plan in an effective manner.
- Develop engineering drawings utilizing Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Complete tolerance stacks to determine appropriate print dimensional controls.
- Effectively leverage advantages of CAE resources including Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Variation Simulation Analysis (VSA) to improve confidence in design and reduce development time.
- Prioritize and track progress to resolution of design issues.
- Identify potential roadblocks to resolving design concerns and develop contingency plans.
- Keep formal engineering records of development activity. Prepare summary documentation for current work as appropriate to support project needs.
- Provide guidance and direction to CAD team as needed to complete CAD and prints in a timely manner.
- Design, GD&T, DFMEA, DVP&R
- Marine industry knowledge, Test Labs
- B.E. Mechanical