Product Development Engineer II - Mechanical
This position will be responsible for the mechanical design aspects of a project, interacting with external design and development partners, participating on cross-functional project teams through all phases of the product development process, and assisting the technical team with planning, executing, documenting and communicating testing activities.
- Plan and conduct design/development engineering assignments generally involving projects of major magnitude and scope Estimates human resource needs and schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications.
- Coordinate and direct engineers, designers and technicians assigned to projects.
- Provide support for field-based Sales Team and other Commercial partners.
- Partner with Upstream Marketing, Sales and key external stakeholders (5Ps) to identify unmet clinical/surgical needs; evaluate options; and provide sound engineering solutions.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to launch new products.
- Attend industry trade-shows, professional education events, and other company-sponsored events to provide product training and support to customers as needed
- Bachelor's Degree required, with preference for Mechanical, Bio-Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering.
- Advanced Degree (MS) is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of engineering experience is required
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Black Belt certification is desired
- Minimum of 2 years of Project Management experience is preferred.
- Experience in the medical device industry is preferred, especially in the neurosurgery field.
- Experience working with electromechanical products and electrical instrumentation is a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of various types of manufacturing, mechanisms, materials, tolerances, drafting standards, and GD&T is required.
- The ability to work and execute projects tasks within a cross functional environment is required.
- Prior experienceworking with project teams bringing products from concept to launch is preferred.
- Strong communication skills are required; the ability to effectively communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals, surgeons, customers and/ or teams.