Responsible for assisting in the design of system architectures and solutions to bring to market new innovative products which span web service offerings. Assists in the planning, designing, integrating, testing, deploying and supporting of products. Helps with testing and operational activities. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Supports the architecture, design, development, qualification and deployment of applications consistent with product and technical roadmaps.
- Works with engineering project management and principle engineers to deliver applications that meet or exceed product requirements, project schedules and reliability.
- Develops and applies performance and bandwidth models for interactive applications to document network impacts.
- Works with the product development and operations teams to define technical requirements to accompany existing product and operation requirements. Designs and develops use cases in support of the technical requirements. Transforms technical requirements into architectures.
- Defines and documents a detailed design to meet technical requirements and architecture.
- Assists in vendor technical selection and management including input to specifications and vendor evaluation. Interfaces with outside teams in the development of internal and third party software to support the detailed designs.
- Interfaces with Company test teams to validate Company test plans and procedures are representative of fully exercising and validating the product features and capabilities.
- Works closely with development, integration and test teams to ensure product quality. Prepares deliverables for trial and market readiness.
- Drives the continuous improvement of deployed systems by consistently looking for ways to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Supports operations by providing deployment and sustained engineering support for all responsible systems and technologies. Diagnoses and resolves escalated field issues.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience