The Business Services division of Aramark, with over $1 billion in revenues and 18,000 employees, provides a wide range of food and other support services to more than 500 clients in business and industry, at more than 1,500 locations in the U.S. Aramark offers Fortune 500 companies and other large and small employers a single-source provider for employee cafés, executive dining rooms, catering, convenience stores, conference center management, and facility management. Aramark Business Dining is looking for professional leaders committed to providing our customers with unique solutions, outstanding variety, and healthy menu choices to improve the overall well-being and productivity of client locations.
The Product Development Director of Marketing and Product Activation leads a cross functional team responsible for leveraging consumer and culinary insights to drive innovative product strategies for Amtrak consumers. This position will engage, collaborate, and maintain a partnership with a wide range of Amtrak and Aramark’s functional Centers of Excellence including – Marketing (Product Development and Culinary Innovation, Insights, and Concept Design), Global Supply Chain and Procurement, and Information Technology.
The Product Development Director will be responsible for leading the end to end Product Innovation and Development Process. This includes the strategy, facilitation and coordination of the design of menus, promotions, consumer and operator feedback, consumer communication materials, and information technology platforms. This will be accomplished by always using the consumer lens of Quality, Health, Convenience and Personalization (Q, H, C, P). This leader prospers in a team-oriented environment where thought leadership, collaboration, innovation, performance based relationship management, and effective communication are critical to success.
- Leading the execution of the Product Innovation and Development Process for the Amtrak consumer experience inclusive of product selection, packaging recommendations, promotions, marketing and communications collateral, and café car improvement plans.
- Ability to utilize insights to drive strategic planning and innovation for increased consumer satisfaction, margin, while limiting complexity and reducing waste.
- Partner with Consumer Insights team on gaining consumer feedback and develop action plans based on learnings.
- Ability to conduct competitive analysis and culinary trends.
- Developing field training materials for execution related to menu, service, and technology.
- Effective budget management.
- Managing a multi-disciplined work team for development and maintenance of platforms and initiatives.
- Work closely with regional staff and client community (corporate based and in the field, onboard trains, dining cars and commissaries) in the implementation and evaluation of multiple new products, menus, promotional and pilot programs.
- Leveraging and managing strategic, complementary, third-party relationships, i.e. manufacturers, agencies, consultants and institutions.
- Being accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
This position will report directly to the Vice President of Operations for Amtrak. The position will also work closely with the Marketing COE, (Product Development and Culinary Innovation, Insights, and Concept Design), Global Supply Chain and Procurement, and a broad range of other Amtrak business and support personnel.
The ideal candidate will have the following professional experience and skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, with a Master’s degreepreferred
- 10+ years of combined marketing and operations experience, demonstrating a record of progressively increasing responsibility
- New innovative products experience
- A food and beverage professional with multi-dimensional capability: strategy, development, operations, marketing and communications
- A demonstrated track record of managing with collaboration that enables business decisions to be made with consideration of ROI, consumer satisfaction and engagement
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in range of formats
- Creative and flexible in attitude and style to adapt to new situations in a transformational, dynamic environment. Ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively cope with change.
- A results-oriented individual who takes initiative, makes things happen and has a “can do” attitude
- An organized self-starter, confident in his/her abilities, self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with and influence field teams to C-level
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office platforms
- Ability to travel 50% across US, and be based within commutable distance to Washington DC/Philadelphia/Wilmington DE/New York