A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your CallingAt Rheem, we are dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we are innovating all-new ways to deliver just the righttemperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers toaccountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people’s lives—every day.
Product Development AnalystSUMMARYThe Product Development Analyst is a role focused on the analysis, continuous improvement, and communications covering the broad range of Research and Development efforts including new product initiatives, cost improvement projects, quality improvements, and technology developments. Conducts research into the execution of projects to identify best practices and improvement opportunities in implementation effectiveness. Assists in developing communications across stakeholders of overall status of projects. Develops methods for archiving engineering investigations, capturing bodies of knowledge, and enabling knowledge sharing across the engineering organization. This position will serve Rheem’s Water Heater Division in Montgomery, AL.WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Analyze and compile product development progress data to assess performance of operational efficiency and meeting company goals.
- Facilitate execution of continuous improvement initiatives, optimization of development processes to support business needs and formulating such planning with management.
- Prepare periodic updates on resource utilization and availability profiles related to engineering staffing and laboratory facilities.
- Generate periodic updates on overall Division product development project portfolio to communicate status and support planning with stakeholders.
- Assist Director in setting staff meeting agenda, planning, and execution of plans among engineering management.
- Support budgeting activities by reviewing monthly spend, updating forecasts, and review of cost management opportunities.
- Transmit patent invention disclosures, and patent filing status summaries between R&D management and Company legal staff.
- Maintain a departmental facing intranet page, with periodic structured refresh, as an electronic repository and communications site for informational assets utilized and archived within the department.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, finance, or related field
- 4-6 years of experience involving product development, process analysis and/or lean process initiative development
- Project management experience
- Experience with analytical problem solving, quantitative analysis, and communicating findings to senior management.
- Experience working in complex organizations where working across boundaries and developing strong organizational relationships are keys to success.
- Experience with purchasing (ERP, Oracle) type systems
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Self-motivated with a good sense of urgency when handling assigned tasks
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Project
- Strong research & analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organization and priority setting skills
- Ability to work with diverse backgrounds/personalities as this position will interface with many other business functions (i.e. other engineering groups, operations, suppliers, marketing, supply chain, and customer service)
- Ability to manage projects/initiatives while developing tools/systems
- Ability to influence project decisions and prioritization
- Advanced Excel skills (VBA, Macros, Pivot Tables, V-Lookup, etc.) or G-Suite products
- Proficient computer skills, and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite
- Possess a positive attitude, paired with professionalism and high emotional intelligence
- World-class communication and collaboration skills
- Professional, intuitive, and discreet demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Ability to maintain and update webpage type content for social communications and departmental awareness.