$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Selkirk, NY 12158
Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
Less than 5 years
Posted 63 days ago
As the 'home of unique offerings' within SABIC, the Specialties Strategic Business Unit is focused on challenging technology endeavors that positively impact the way the world travels, communicates, works and lives. This SBU provides unique offerings such as high heat resins, functional compounds and additives, specialty fluids, nanotechnology and thermoplastics composites to industries such as Additive Manufacturing, Consumer & Industrial, Electronics, Healthcare, Mass Transportation, Automotive and Water Management.
Actively collaborate with business team to prepare technology solutions, translate into of projects. Lead and execute projects to deliver technical milestones in a project-based organization. Responses for all technical aspects including IP and competitive landscaping, technical interactions with customers and external partners. A deep understanding of the applications and materials required.
• Project ownership from start to finish, including working with project team. Execute projects by collaboration with technology teams, internal stakeholders, or external partners with effective resource management. Actively participate in project gate reviews.
• Develop and maintain competitive and patent landscapes for key segments develop and maintain IP protection.
• Support commercial team for customer visit and solve customer's technical problem.
• Ensure activities are compliant with safety, regulatory and intellectual property requirements.
SABIC Internal T&I Employees at grades 12-14 will be considered for this job. If T&I employee is selected for the role he/she will maintain his/her current grade and will be assigned work commensurate with their current grade.
External Hires and Non T&I SABIC employees will be placed on the SABIC Technical Career Ladder depending on experience level, degree and proven technical knowledge; and will be assigned work commensurate with that grade.
Requirements Education & Training:
• Ph.D in Polymer Science & Engineering, Material Science or Chemical Engineering
• Minimum 3 years prior experience in engineering plastic compounding. High temperature polymer material ( PPS, PPA, LCP, PEEK etc.) compounding experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated track record of technical innovation and business results
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Outstanding ability to interface and work across functions
• High energy, results-oriented.
Valid Through: 2019-9-13