Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Product Designer to lead the design of customer experiences for our Marketing & Growth Platform. In this role, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to discover, define, and design the experience of our platform that is used by marketers to engage their customers. The ideal candidate will be an advocate for our customer-informed process, a champion and active contributor to our inclusive-by-default Design System, a partner to our UX team members in upholding our standards, and a UX leader who takes a holistic, human-centered approach to design.
Twilio is seeking a Product Designer who:
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: design, prototyping, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, influencing key decision making, and collaborative handoffs with developers.
- Can share a portfolio with beautiful, usable, straightforward, and lovable designs that demonstrates strong technical product thinking and an understanding of user-centered design methodologies
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design and research methodologies, and is proficient in running quantitative and qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, and field studies.
- Experience designing and evolving enterprise application software in a fast-past environment.
- 4+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in UX, Design, HCI, Information Management, Psychology, or Anthropology.
As a Designer on the Marketing & Growth Platform team, you will live our Twilio Values, and be able to:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES + WRITE IT DOWN: Engage with our customers to understand their needs, and design products and workflows to unlock their potential. Articulate the customer problem and success metrics, and gain alignment with stakeholders on your approach to testing, learning, and iterating on a solution.
- BE AN OWNER: Own and advance the vision for Twilio’s Marketing & Growth Platform. Take personal accountability for achievement of goals and results, and coach members to ensure goals are met.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Work closely with Product and Engineering teams, in an agile environment, to solve the most important customer problems effectively and efficiently.
- DON’T SETTLE + EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with and mentor other Product Designers, providing accurate, constructive, and motivating guidance that helps improve their skills, and the outcome of their work. Lead Design Critiques that ensure consistency across Twilio products and uplevel our standards. Advocate for more efficient processes and higher standards across the UX organization.
- NO SHENANIGANS + BE INCLUSIVE: Remain open, transparent, and inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, and remaining humble while asking for and providing useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.