The Product Design Senior Prototyper will work with the design team in creating prototypes of complex product concepts. Resolve issues in innovative and practical ways. They will work with a cross functional team including designers, researchers, technical writers, engineering and product managers. A senior prototyper acts as a liaison to the software development team. They are a key contributor to the successful implementation of multiple projects. Their experience can inspire and help develop more junior members of the team.
- Work with Product Designers to implement the next generation of Citrix products in prototypes which can be evaluated by staff and test users for both RIA and Mobil.Responsible for analysis, design and development activities on multiple projects
- Take on ownership for a complex prototype and take initiative to drive the execution in a timely manner
- Proactively researches nascent technologies and identifies sources of knowledge of technical advances that impact design success or address future concepts, products and technologies
- Proactively provides recommendations to working groups regarding the improvement specific work practices in the wider organization
- Help implement and design the UI framework used across applications for front-end development.
- Provides technical recommendations to the design and product team
- 4+ years of software development in consumer or business application with emphasis in front end development
- Prior experience with Responsive front end UI Frameworks and libraries such as Semantic UI, Semantic UI ReactJS, Semantic UI Theming, ReactJS, LESS
- Knowledge of UI performance optimization techniques, web standards and cross-browser compatibility (IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari).
- Experience using Source Control (GitHub) ideal.
- Experience with web Icon Fonts (Font Custom, etc.)
- Experience with Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite ideal.
- Experience in rapid prototyping tools such as Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer, Proto.io.
- The best candidates will have some hands on experience developing UIs on Web, and Mobile Devices from design comps.
- Excellent communicator of technical issues within the scope of assignment
- Passionate about quality, supportability, extensibility, and simple design
- Ability to build prototypes in a rapid-iterative manner through collaboration with designers and usability researcher
- Passionate about innovation and creating products that differentiate
- Know the difference between beautiful UIs and UIs that aren't good ideas
- Ability to work with tough deadlines and challenging problems
- Ability to work with close-knit team
- Be inquisitive to stay up-to-date on new technologies and trends and be a quick lea