- The successful candidate must have a demonstrated Knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes used in consumer product applications.
- Candidate must have proven skills in oral and written communications to clearly and succinctly present a prospective new product concept within a collaborative working environment.
- Develop and document mechanical designs of parts and assemblies for new products from concept to completion and final release to manufacturing
- Develop specifications, analyze/select materials and verify design accuracy
- Work with outside vendors and consultants to develop, analyze and fabricate components and sub-assemblies
- Provide effective presentation and written evaluations to communicate concepts, designs, test results, etc.
- Perform both engineering analysis and hands-on evaluation to prove designs meet objectives
- Effectively work in a manufacturing environment with all levels of staff, vendors, contractors and consultants
- Educational Requirements: Bachelor Level Degree
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in mechanical design.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent problem solving and time management abilities
- Proficient in 3D CAD modeling and FE analysis
- Ability to produce pre-production prototypes
- Solid mechanical aptitude and knowledge
- SolidWorks experiencepreferred
- Sheet metal design preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical Design: 3 years
- Solidworks: 1 year