Product Design Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
Senior Product Engineer
The Senior Product Engineer has broad responsibilities for the overall design of valve product lines and for the development of basic design engineering concepts to be utilized in the design of valve product lines and their parts.
- Design products, determining stresses in parts and make sketches of complex designs required for the development and modification of assigned products.
- Design new products and modify current designs, incorporating cost analysis, impact on inventory, and recognition of the Company's manufacturing facilities and plans. Conceive new and improved products through better design or improved materials.
- Perform necessary calculations as related to stresses, mechanisms, and/or performance of the product in intended application(s) to determine ultimate conformance to operation standards and proper stress levels. Develop and maintain Engineering spreadsheets and computer calculation programs.
- Initiate, analyze and execute cost saving and product improvement ideas.
- Determine that engineering of product is adequate and satisfies competitive markets to which product is desired.
- Prepare Engineering recommendations for product designs for applications which are beyond the limits of established standards.
- Ensure that accurate creative Engineering is used to design products proposed to customers.
- Prepare technical data to accompany drawing submittals to prospective customers and/or to Manufacturing and Marketing.
- Initiate and release for approval "Engineering Change Notices", including required information, drawings, and bills of material following established procedures.
- Provide technical support to Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing and other departments.
- Conduct product training sessions and provide on-job training to improve the knowledge base of his/her subordinate and the Engineering Department.
- Maintain a standing with the industries that the Company participates in and maintain knowledge of completing designs.
- Perform a dual role in quality improvement activities--participate by bring forward ideas and help evaluate and implement product related suggestions.
- Follow established safety procedures and quality standards.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, and quadratic equations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis
- Demonstrate the following core values: Customer commitment, high-performance culture, fleet of foot, innovation, accountability, integrity, respect for others, teamwork, and safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related functions.
- Minimum of 4 years experiences in fluid piping system design, valve design, and pressure vessel calculations.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, CAD, SolidWorks, Cosmos, AutoCAD and MathCAD .
- Understand and incorporate the knowledge of manufacturing methods including fabrication, machining, foundry, metal forming, etc. into the design of product lines.
- Must be customer oriented and have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Maintain a working knowledge of industry and relative codes as they pertain to valve design.