Product Design Engineer - Battery
- Job Number: 86186615
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 29-Aug-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
Imagine what you could do here at Apple. You could help create the next generation of the world’s finest devices. Great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your career and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Our team is the NPI Mechanical/Product Design resource for our systems; we own module development from initial system architecture through ramp. In this role you will utilize your mechanical design engineering skills and aptitude to own the end-to-end mechanical development and integration of cutting edge modules into next generation Apple products.
- Requires at least 5+ years of hands-on mechanical product design engineeringexperience.
- Must have experience with any of the following 3D CAD Tools: Unigraphics UG, Solidworks, ProEngineer, etc.
- Prefer a solid understanding of DOE, GD&T, SPC, or CP/CPK techniques.
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing.
- Must have mechanical design engineeringexperience of precision parts and component design. Assembly experience is a plus.
- Experience with mechanical design engineering of consumer electronics preferred. Experience in medical devices, automotive components, injection molding, jigs/tooling/fixtures, consumer appliances, or other parts with tight tolerances will be considered.
- PCB/flex design, material science, and basic chemistry is considered a plus, but not required.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional team members and be able to efficiently collaborate to achieve project goals.
• Brainstorming and executing mechanical design concepts in all phases of the development cycle. • Generating innovative designs while taking into consideration SPC and DFM. • Generating dimensional and tolerance analyses. • Conducting design reviews and driving file release process. • Assisting development of manufacturing processes and fixturing; travel to suppliers for support. • Performing design validation and characterization from prototype through MP testing. • Driving failure analyses and design of experiments (DOEs) to develop design solutions and implement corrective actions.
• MSME or BSME Degree