Product Design Engineer
- Job Number: 113052129
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: Sep. 19, 2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
Product Design Engineer You will join a team of mechanical design engineers who will design, prototype, iterate, and launch a new-category Apple product. Your role will include interaction with cross-functional teams like Industrial Design, Display, Camera, Materials, Antenna, Battery, etc. This is a hands-on technical roll.
- DesiredQualifications and Skills:
- •2+ years of hands-on, detailed product design experience.
- •Experience working in small teams of engineers (i.e. 3-8 people) in work or academic environment.
- •3D CAD and 2D drawing skills (any package)
- •Wide knowledge of basic engineering materials and materials selection process, include rapid prototyping
- •Wide knowledge of traditional and cutting-edge manufacturing processes.
- •Consumer electronics cross-functional knowledge: Industrial design, optics and lenses, cameras, sensors, displays, PCBs and flexes, EE, silicon, antennas,
- batteries, thermals, etc.
- •Basic GD&T knowledge, tolerance analysis, experience creating and releasing 2D drawings
- •Ergonomics and human fitting/adjustability experience (example: design set of watch bands to fit wrists of users in variety of demographics)
- •Excellent communication skills: Verbal, written, presentations, participating in working meetings
- •Proactive problem solving, including root cause analysis and DOE creation
- •Experience working and driving actions in assembly and part production facilities in Asia, including high-volume mass production.
- Travel will be 15-25%, and you must be willing to move to the Bay Area. This job can only be done from inside Apple's corporate headquarters.
You will: •use your hands •own parts and drawings in the CAD system •do CAD every day •go deep into manufacturing details •travel to China to support engineering builds. •assemble early prototypes •solve problems on the assembly line •work side by side with your teammates inside Apple and at our partner facilities. You will be expected to set an example of technical excellence, and you will be responsible and accountable for your work.
BSME requiredMSpreferred Ongoing professional education in leadership and/or technical skills is a plus