Do you thrive in an environment where you can develop leading edge PDM solutions? Do you want to work with highly skilled and technical people who work collaboratively to help solve customer challenges? Do you want to travel across North America to problem solve and deliver consulting solutions and world-class training? Go ahead…..keep reading!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EXCITED BY TECHNOLOGY AND PASSIONATE ABOUT DELIVERING THE HIGHEST QUALITY PROFESSIONAL SERVICES. IMAGINiT Technologies, a division of Rand Worldwide, is a leading provider of Autodesk design and engineering solutions. IMAGINiT provides CAD/BIM software and technology expertise to companies across North America. You’ll have a great team standing behind you, but you will need to bring motivation, persistence, and a sincere desire to help customers reach their business goals.
We are currently searching for a PDM (Product Data Management) Specialist to support our clients working with Autodesk PDM and CAD systems. This role can be based in the United States or Canada at any Rand Worldwide facility.
What will you be responsible for?
Pre Sales (25%)
- Assessing client’s current business processes to recommend and implement solutions to meet client needs
- Working closely with sales staff and clients to document business goals and related processes
- Writing deliverable documents as applicable such as scopes of work and recommendations
- Creating intellectual property to supportsales, marketing and implementation efforts
Post Sales/Delivery (75%)
- Delivering application training to our clients, and industry-related technical presentations at seminars, workshops, conferences, user groups, both onsite and remotely. Customize training solutions where applicable
- Providing implementation solutions and application support for client PDM workflows
- Supporting Autodesk Vault Professional, including:
- Projects for implementation, migration, and upgrade of CAD/PDM systems
- Enhancement and development of CAD/PDM toolsets and workflows
- Diagnosis and solving a range of issues including, but not limited to Microsoft SQL, migration strategies and installation and licensing
- Providing expert knowledge of PDM vault configuration and data management (setup, folders, moving/deleting/rollback of vault files)
- Providing post-implementation documentation
- Acting as a brand ambassador always seizing opportunities to increase IMAGINiT’s visibility in the marketplace
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor's or Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or equivalent experience
- 5 years+ work experience in a manufacturing environment with PDM tools required - Autodesk Vault preferred
- Deep knowledge of product design workflows relevant to the manufacturing process (sales, purchasing, etc.)
- Relevant technology implementation and administration experiencerequired, such as PLM (Product Lifecycle Management), CAD / CAM / CAE, Visualization, Digital Manufacturing
- Prior experience with data migration, including import, export, and data mapping
- Ability to seek, evaluate, compare, and document new PDM software versions
- System Administration skills, including troubleshootingWindows/Windows Server, basic network connection issues, etc
- Exposure to CAD products - Autodesk tools such as Inventor and AutoCAD preferred
- Effective written and oral communication skills; ability to express oneself clearly and in technical and nontechnical terms
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication, presentation, organization, planning and project management skills
- Initiative, with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong business acumen, high energy, self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and/or within a collaborative team structure and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to meet a minimum 50% travel requirement across the United States and Canada