Sonos is on a mission to fill every home with music. We are looking for an inspiring technical leader to join us on this this journey in the role of Product Creation Leader.
The Product Creation Leader (PCL) is a high-visibility role within Sonos. Our PCL’s guide the efforts of Sonos’ cross-functional development teams as they create our future smart speaker products. The PCL’s lead the development teams from the beginning of a project all the way into mass production.
The PCL’s serve as the representative of the technical development team to the rest of the company. They guide and communicate team decisions, work on mitigatingrisks, and drive technical issues to resolution. They are the technical owners of a new product.About You
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
What You’ll Do
- As a technical leader, you will be responsible for the development team bringing new products to market.
- You will foster a high performing cross-functional PD team through charismatic and energetic leadership
- You will keep the team on track, which means ensuring they are developing the right product within all the established program boundaries.
- You will communicate whenever the program boundaries are violated
- You will be responsible for regular reporting on the status of your program
Skills You’ll NeedThe Ideal Candidate:
- Has a passion for creating great products
- 15+ years experience in consumer hardware product development
- Demonstrated success leading multi-disciplinary technical development teams
- Experience driving products into high-volume mass production with Asian contract manufacturers
- Incomparable drive, energy, and enthusiasm
- Relentless sense of ownership for the success of a project
- Strong knowledge of hardware development best practices in several of the following areas:
- Digital and analog electronics, radio and antenna design, mechanicalengineering, transducer and acoustic system engineering, embedded firmware development, and industrial design
- Knows how to create and maintain good team chemistry to create high performing teams
- Uncompromising team work ethic.
- Able to travel within the US and Asia (sometimes with little notice)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experiencetraveling and working in Asia
- Working with remote teams scattered around the globe