Product Compliance Engineer
Less than 5 years experience • Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous
Escalade, Incorporated (Escalade) is a quality manufacturer and distributor of sporting goods through our wholly owned subsidiary Escalade Sports.
Escalade delivers outstanding products, superior customer service, and consistent shareholder value. Headquartered in Evansville, IN, Escalade has manufactured and distributed sporting goods and recreational equipment for over 95 years.
Escalade has recognized sporting brands in basketball goals, archery, indoor and outdoor game recreation and fitness. The company's product's are available through major sporting retailers, specialty dealers, key online retailers, traditional department stores, and mass merchants. Escalade is a leader in table tennis tables, residential in-ground basketball goals, and archery bows.
Escalade continues to participate actively in these markets combining the earnings power of strong brand names and high-quality products with fiscal responsibility and experienced management. Leaders in their respective categories, Escalade's brands include Bear Archery and Trophy Ridge archery accessories; STIGA® and Ping-Pong® table tennis; Accudart® and Unicorn® darting; Onix™ pickleball equipment; Goalrilla™, Goalsetter®, Goaliath® and Silverback® residential in-ground basketball systems; the STEP® fitness products; Woodplay® premium playsets; Cue and Case Sales - a leader in specialty billiard accessories; and Lifeline - a leader and innovator in personal fitness products.
Escalade is currently seeking an experienced Product Compliance Engineer to administer a corporate program of product compliance and independent (third party) approval. The Product Compliance Engineer will also assist internal and external customers ensuring that Escalade products comply with applicable safety, health, and environmental regulations on a worldwide basis.
- Monitor new and updated global product compliance requirements and provide guidance to the divisions on how these requirements apply to Escalade products.
- Assist Design Centers in developing compliance strategies, addressing safety concerns, implementing plans to acquire approvals, and correcting non-compliance findings of regulatory and approval agency inspections.
- Review and approve design changes, compliance plans, and release-to-sale for a narrow range of new and standard products.
- Develop procedures to be used by Design and Manufacturing Centers in obtaining and maintaining product approvals.
- Acquire, interpret, and communicate relevant regulatory and compliance requirements to cognizant Design Centers.
- Maintain an internal library of current US and International regulations, standards, and product approval laboratories and Escalade product certifications.
- Represent the corporation in trade organizations and in the development of external standards related to product and application safety regulations through participation on advisory committees.
- Provide technical consultation for the company product liability defense cases, assist in the education and training necessary to prevent related accidents, and promote safe design and use of Escalade products.
- Serve as an internal resource for compliance communication providing general guidance and training of staff.
Qualifications & Requirements
- BS in Chemical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent engineeringexperience.
- 3-5 years of consumer products compliance testing.
- Demonstrate strong research skills and the ability to apply them to product standards.
- Possess advanced problem solving and significant decision making abilities.
- Exhibit well-developed organizational and written communication skills.