Top-Shelf Engineering Professional needed for Global Tech Leader.
We are looking for a talented Engineer to join our North American headquarters team.
The global technology leader in ADAS (automated driver assistance systems) and Safety Systems for the transportation industry (all the cool stuff that is appearing in cars ? cameras / radar / lane change avoidance / smart cruise control) is expanding rapidly and looking for an engineering professional who is a cut above for a key role on a new project in their active safety group (radar, cameras, vision systems).
Together with its joint ventures, they have more than 80 facilities worldwide and more than 60,000 employees in 28 countries. Working cooperatively with more than one OEM they are emerging as a leader in autonomous driving in addition to other technologies.
The Company has ten technical centers in nine countries around the world, with 20 test tracks (more than any other automotive safety supplier). With sales approaching $12b and their operations doubling here in the states by the end of the decade this company is the place to be!
Product Assurance Engineer
This position will manage the Product Assurance Engineering activities for assigned components within Product Engineering and ensure that a product is tested to meet customer and internal functional requirements through comprehensive analysis, developmental, Design Validation (DV) and Process Validation (PV) testing.
- Understand OEM specification and requirements for product validation
- Design and develop product validation plans (EMC, Environmental and others as required)
- Review the validation plan with internal (Product Engineering) and external customer(OEM), get approvals
- Develop product test specification for the plants
- Develop requirement for test equipment, get quotes and source supplier for test equipment
- Receive test equipment, validate and perform necessary GR&R before DV/PV
- Scheduleinternal and external lab for planned DV/PVs
- Track and report progress throughout the DV
- Debug, analyze and report failures that occur during the DV
- Support product engineering for any root cause analysis (8D, Fish Bone etc.)
- Archive test data, report and parts as mandated by internal and external requirements
- Release final DVP&R or PVP&R for customer approval
- Bachelor?s Degree in EE, ME or equivalent desirable.
- 3years? work experience in Automotive electronics validation such as Hardware and system level validation.
- In depth understanding of validation methodology for Automotive. Application of those to develop new methods for new technology entering Automotive.
- Basic understanding of the ADAS ECU architecture, validation requirements and domain specific tools.
- Experience with communication protocols and tools such as CANalyzer, CANoe, PCIe, Ethernet, GMSL2, FPD-Link III)
- Awareness of IPC standards and PCB manufacturing
- Awareness of ISO/IEC 17025:2005
- Awareness of IATF 16949