The Product Application Engineer will be responsible for designing and developing camera and imaging applications using GEO's Camera Video Processor product lines for the automotive industry. You will become a product expert and provide pre-sales support to educate our customers on the GEO product capabilities and support them in developing innovative solutions. The candidate will provide technical support to the field engineering team and customers directly.
- Support the design and development of applications for GEO's Image and video processors
- Be a product technical expert
- Develop firmware within GEO's SDK environment to support customer programs
- Provide technical support to the field engineering team and customers
- Supporting marketing and sales departments in pre-sales activities
- Project management for both internal and customer projects
- Analyzing customer feedback, to identify product feature gaps and working with the product marketing team to drive feature roadmap
- Providing detailed accurate description of bugs reported or reproduced in the field to the engineering team
- 5+ years of experience as an Application Engineer in system engineering or embedded SW
- Background in cameras, image / video processing, and/or computer vision
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with both customer and internal engineering teams
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills
- Strong skills in embedded SW engineering with hands on experience with C/C++, Python script etc.
- Experience debugging systems, hardware and software problems
- Experience and knowledge of Image quality and ISP tuning a significant plus
- Previous experience with automotive specific application is a plus
- Bachelor's in electrical engineering, software engineering or related technical field is required
- Ability to travel internationally without any restriction.
The successful candidate will have the following personal skills:
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving capability
- Project and program management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English
- Positive customer service attitude
- Technical pre and post-sales support experience.