The Product Analyst supports the development of the company’s product features, pricing and competitive position. He/she operationalizes new rating plans, underwriting guidelines, process improvements, and other initiatives to support profitable growth and improve competitive position.
- Establishes familiarity with PRAC and competitive operational procedures, benchmarks PRAC performance and targets and executes on plans for improved performance
- Acts as Product liaison with Underwriting, Customer Service, Claims and Marketing
- Prepares filing manuals and exhibits.
- Creates and maintains product comparisons with main competitors via rate manuals, WinRater, and other sources of competitive rates.
- Manages competitive intelligence for MA Private Passenger Auto.
- Examines the impact of changes in state regulatory environment on the product and business processes.
- Responds to questions by other departments related to rates, product features and underwriting guidelines.
- Completes quarterly competitive intelligence reports, as well as ad hoc analyses as needed.
- Lead or participate in cross function operation project team representing Product.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Comfortable and strong at influencing without authority.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- High Level of intellectual curiosity.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills.
- BA/BS degree, Master’s degree and CPCU a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience required.
- Project management experience preferred.