Reporting to the Region, the Sales Manager is responsible for the development, performance and execution of all sales activities in assigned market. Staffs and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values while responsible for personal production (MC II). Working with the Region Manager, establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of the Mortgage Consultants.
Manage 2-6 Mortgage Consultants Major Responsibilities:
- 60% - Generate business, leads and relationships with individuals, existing clients, past clients and real estate professionals by using interpersonal and communication skills.
- 30% - Recruit, retain, coach, motivate and manage a sales team for an assigned territory. Assign and manage sales territories and budgeted resources to maximize business results and achieve established goals.
- Develop, implement and monitor a detailed sales plan with specific goals for each territory and MC.
- Assists MCs in preparation of presentations; provide guidance and information relevant to the risks and benefits of UB’s product set; effectively explain and communicate the terms of each product.
- 10% -Ensure compliance with all Bank and regulatory compliance requirements and guidelines including Fair Lending and Community Reinvestment Act objectives.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills including familiarity with PCs and standard word processing applications.
- Ability to ensure that the analysis is consistent with the financial products being offered.
- Ability to read and understand a profit and loss or basic income statement. Ability to prepare and effectively deliver sales presentations using applicable support materials.
- Strong sales and sales presentation skills.
- Effective problem solver – present solutions and resolve conflicts.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and coaching skills, always projecting a positive attitude and providing an environment of professional excellence.
- Promote the highest professional and ethical standards.
- 5-7 years of experience in sales management with related experience in underwriting, processing and secondary markets highly desired.
- College degree highly desired. Extensive experience and a strong understanding of all aspects of mortgage origination.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced market environment.
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams.
- Strong leadership qualities with good communication and interpersonal skills. Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics.
- Proven track record in managing and directing a highly skilled, motivated, successful and results oriented sales team.
Requisition #: 10022003-WD