Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Supervise a production team of originators so that they achieve goals for loans closed exceeding budget requirements.
2. Maintain personal loan production levels at acceptable (budgeted) levels.
3. Ensure that originator(s) develop and maintain existing Realtor and builder contacts and constantly strive to expand their base. Make joint business development calls as appropriate. Review each Mortgage Loan Originator's performance monthly, and territory, at least twice a year and make significant decisions and changes when appropriate.
4. Identify training needs to ensure MLO development, perform official Annual Performance Reviews on MLO staff, and continually coach as needed; recommend disciplinary action and termination, when required.
5. Ensure that data on market conditions, competitor products and pricing is gathered, assembled, and evaluated for home office management use.
6. Ensure that loan files and all applicable documents flow in a timely, efficient manner from application to the Secondary Marketing department.
7. Ensure courteous, efficient, and effective resolution of complaints from customers, Realtors and attorneys.
8. Continual searching, recruiting and hiring of additional loan originators to help increase the amount of loan volume for the branch.
9. In addition to the above duties, the Producing Branch Manager shall also be responsible for ensuring Integrated Relationship Management (IRM) with Community Bank partners and other IRM partners, coordinating activities between all lines of business.
10. Any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the Regional Mortgage Manager or Executive Management.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and related training
2. Five years in mortgage origination or related position
3. Related sales and management training
4. Thorough understanding of mortgage lending, including underwriting guidelines for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and Veterans Affairs (VA), and quick learner on current mortgage origination front-end systems
5. Understand the loan origination function as it relates to the integration with processing, underwriting and closing departments
6. Ability to manage a staff of loan originators in a way which is efficient, effective, productive and mutually supportive
7. Understand the day-to-day operations of the loan origination function in regard to expense management including the significant decision to hire new loan officers in accordance with corporate objectives
8. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
9. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
10. Must be SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act compliant within 30 days of employment in this role, including new or transfer of registration, and applicable NMLS acceptable background check
1. Managerial background with proven loan originator skills and/or equivalent relevant experience