Proactively identify, develop and maintain a qualitynetwork of business relationships that serves as a source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. Interview new and existing customers to determine theirloan needs and advise those customers of appropriate products, terms, and pricing while gathering any additionalrequired data. Generate complete mortgage applications, ensure appropriate procedures and policies are followed, while meeting sales goals and objectives. In addition,recruits, hires, and coaches subordinate sales people and monitor sales activities within their sales team.
- Originate mortgage loans that meet Flagstar bank credit and underwriting requirements. Perform all origination tasks in accordance with industry and regulatory guidelines and requirements. Achieve sales and referral goals by developing a one-of-a-kind customer experience. Refer clients to other Flagstar business partners so that they may explore obtaining additional financial products and services that Flagstar offers (i.e. retailbanking products, investments, commercial services). Market to and manage referral relationships. Referral relationships include realtors, builders, professional and personal contacts. Participate in in business related development opportunities community efforts to promote home ownership. Proactively seek ways to develop and expand customer relationships in order to achieve branch and personal goals.
- Recruit, hire, develop, lead and retain a team of quality loan officers. Monitor sales activity within the sales team. Responsible for conducting training for any new hire or existing hires in both skills development and product training. Coach sales team to ensure development of relationships with referral sources to obtain mortgage leads. Maintain a broad understanding of products, guidelines and pricing strategies. Champions adherence to quality.
- Provide status updates and assist processing with the collection of any trailing borrow documentation needed to complete loan processing and closing.
- Attend Flagstar required production meetings. Attend/complete all Flagstar and industry required training. Actively participate in opportunities to expand knowledge, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- 3+ years of mortgage loan origination experience in current market conditions
- Documented residential mortgage loan volume in the past 12months of $3 million
- Established relationships with local referral network
- Recent experience leading, managing, motivating and developing a team to meet and exceed assigned goals within a results driven environment preferred
- Must meet and comply with all requirements set forth in the SAFE Act, including by not limited to successful completion of the required background checks and obtaining a Unique Identifier for the NMLS
- Ability and desire to recruit, coach and mentor loan officers
- Excellent sales presentation and marketing skills
- Knowledge of conventional and /or government guidelines
- Knowledge of processing underwriting and or closing procedures
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences
- Solid time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills including MS applications and previous experience utilizing laptop technology for communication purposes including accessing credit and loan status information
- Travel 50-75%