The Dow Chemical Company has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Produce Product and EHS-Operations Senior Innovate and Improve Specialist role located in Auburn, Michigan. The Senior Innovate and Improve (I&I) Specialist will design and deliver software solutions to meet manufacturing business needs and requirements. The scope of work will cover small through large innovate and improvement projects regionally and/or globally. The primary focus of this position will be to support the customization and implementation of the overall application suite to meet the manufacturing and business requirements of The Dow Chemical Company and joint venture business operations globally. During project phases, the Senior I&I Specialist will work closely with the Architect Specialist and/or Lead Architect Specialist, internal stakeholders, globally distributed enabling teams, vendors, and external stakeholders.
- Provide project and technical expertise within the team
- Work with the Architecture Specialist and/or Lead Architect Specialist in the project planning process
- Guide and coach junior technical specialists on the team
- Participate in timely implementations of strategic solutions
- Perform requirements gathering and systems design
- Implement system/platform upgrades and fixes
- Provide a technical role in analyzing complex problems
- Drive skill and knowledge transfer within I&I teams
- Lead root cause identification for defects or system failures
- Develop and deliver solutions in an independent manner
- Lead over all project phases
- Knowledge of Business/Work Process Integration & Most Effective Technology
- Initiative, Curiosity
- Innate and insatiable curiosity about emerging technologies, with the ability to quickly learn and exploit cutting edge offerings to achieve business objectives.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement mindset and creativity.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Work with diverse team members in different geographical locations
- Creative and comfortable with various communication media
- Engaging with technical and non-technical audience
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Resilient and energized by frequent change
- Drive/Initiative with Strong bias-to action
- Appropriate risk-taking
- Strong analytical, modeling and problem solving skills
- Lead and resolve very complex problem situations
- Strong troubleshooting skills to handle technical issues in a timely manner
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, degrees in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), or Engineering Discipline are strongly preferred.
- 7 years of experience in project delivery with an understanding of how IT can be utilized in manufacturing and supply chain environments is preferred.
- Basic understanding of testing tools and unit and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies is required
- Logical Application & Architecture Design principles
- In depth understanding of I/T Architecture and principles
o System Architecture
o Technical Architecture
o Product Architecture
o Data Architecture
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Work Process and Systems, including Agile/Scrum methodologies is preferred
- General understanding of digital industry trends including Mobile, Cloud/SaaS, Analytics, Social, and Security/Risk Management, and Internet of Things is preferred
System integration experience (front-end / back-end) is preferred
Multi-application and cross-platform design and development experience including awareness of SQL database design and development is preferred
Chemical industry work process knowledge or experience also beneficial.