Not Specified years
Posted 298 days ago
KWTX-TV has an immediate, full-time opening for a Technical Media Producer / Newscast Director. Technical Media Producers work in KWTX’s state-of-the-art media control center and are responsible for directing both live and pre-recorded productions, as well as processing content for two television stations and KWTX.com. This is an opportunity to build your career in the constantly evolving television industry while refining your own skills with cutting edge technology. This is a career opportunity to join the award-winning team behind the number one news station in Central Texas.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work alongside news producers and other newsroom staff to create, code, and direct dynamic, fast-paced, top-rated newscasts and programming
• Coordinate live acquisition of reporters and news video utilizing ENG microwave and IP-based video transmission platforms
• Design compelling and engaging graphics and visual elements to help our journalists communicate their stories
• Monitor on-air signals for KWTX, ingest daily programming and commercials, and operate the Master Control automation system
• Be responsible for regular care and maintenance of equipment and studio, including lighting, cameras, and sets
• Occasional operation of studio teleprompter & EFP cameras, floor directing, and various other duties as assigned will be required.
• The successful candidate will be creative, extremely detail-oriented and have very strong problem-solving, multi-tasking, and communication skills
• Positive and professional attitude in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high stress environment under deadline pressure
• Able to work well with a team (but be equally comfortable working individually)
• Flexible to work mornings, nights, weekends, out-of-town assignments, and changing schedules
• Able to sit and stand for extended periods of time. Able to climb and work on ladders and comfortably lift 30 pounds or more.
• Computer literacy is a must.
• Strong grasp of visual design, grammar, and spelling
• While previous television experience is preferred, it is not required.
• Experience with HD video production, Ross Overdrive and Vision switchers, VizRT Graphics, Grass Valley ITX Master Control Automation, ENPS, and non-linear editing systems is a definite plus.