Illumina's Supply Chain department is focused on finding and qualifying the best Suppliers to collaborate with to help us improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. We are looking for a Procurement Systems Project Lead to support the effective transition from current practices to new business models as we migrate to e-sourcing & e-procurement systems, tools, process and guidelines.
The Procurement Systems Project Lead's key tasks include educating the supplier on the deployment process and associated roles and responsibilities, creating a plan and strategy for supplier integration, assisting with process requirements gathering, creating process documentation which contains supplier integration company internal best-practices, managing the on-boarding of electronically integrated suppliers, and facilitating solution testing.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to details and priorities.
The Procurement Systems Project Lead will oversee efforts to increase collaboration between Illumina and its suppliers, through the use of business systems, such as SAP and Ariba. With management support, this person will facilitate the electronic and touch-free communication of purchase orders, invoices, and other purchasing related documents. The Procurement Systems Project Lead will coordinate between Illumina's suppliers, SAP/Ariba and other Illumina functional teams (e.g., Buyers, Accounts Payable, and Information Systems) to ensure that effective electronic transactions are enabled between Illumina and the Suppliers.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work with suppliers, as well as SAP/Ariba, to integrate selected suppliers onto the Ariba supplier network
- Execute testing and troubleshoot issues related to the integration of new suppliers onto the Ariba supplier network
- Manage to a project timeline and provide management with status updates on a regular basis
- Monitor system performance as new suppliers are added to the Ariba supplier network
- Analyze and resolve process issues
- Work closely with the Ariba Business Systems Manager to implement process and system changes, related to the Ariba contract module and/or the Ariba procurement module
- Understand the end-to-end capabilities of the Ariba contract module
- Prepare and deliver training to contract module users
- Review and upload contracts
- Create and generate reports
- Conduct quality reviews of existing contracts to ensure compliance (e.g., owners are properly assigned, contracts have termination dates, etc.)
- Work closely with senior leadership team to ensure alignment to global policies and procedures
- Experience with MS Office and advanced Excel abilities.
- Hands on experience with Ariba.
- Project Management and change management skills: have at least 5 years' experience working with some project management model like PMI, Scrum, etc.
- Master Data: Advanced understanding.
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on systems & process scalability.
- Has strong presentation and training skills.
- Has experience regarding project leadership, knowledge and application, best practices, and troubleshooting methods.
- Understanding of KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) related to supply chain.
- Demonstrates understanding and support of the organization's mission and strategies.
- Able to influence process change via interpersonal skills.
- Communicates and influences in a group setting across all levels.
- Plans and implements projects, using project management best practices.
- Evaluates deliverables in terms of impact to customer experience.
- Determines needs for and organizes training activities around new processes.
- Typically requires a minimum of 6 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or equivalent experience.
- APICS certification a plus.