Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Procurement Strategy PMO & Performance Management Lead, Corporate Tier located in New Brunswick, NJ with alternate work locations available in the New Jersey and Pennsylvania areas as well as Tampa, Florida.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $82.6 billion in 2020 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 135,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
How we shape, roll-out, monitor and continuously align strategy with business stakeholders is a critical enabler to deliver our value proposition to the businesses we serve. Procurement recognizes the Procurement Strategy PMO & Performance Management roles as key enablers of functional alignment and excellence, shaping and roll-out of regional and functional strategy, business planning, performance management, stakeholder engagement and change management.
An enterprise-wide approach to drive robust Business Planning, Portfolio and Performance Management frameworks while leveraging capabilities consistently at the enterprise level has been designed within the Corporate Tier. This role will be embedded within the Corporate Tier and will partner closely with the respective COE leaders whose teams are leading this work. Additionally, the role will collaborate with the PMO Council to ensure strong connectivity between the Global Sector/Function/Category teams.
The role will be in charge of consistent deployment of enterprise and sector/function standards, frameworks, processes, best practices, tools, competence building and coaching within the Corporate Tier team. In addition, the role will also carry critical cross-tier (BU & GS) and cross-functional interface responsibilities with other J&J functions (e.g. Finance, Strategy, etc.).
Major Duties & Responsibilities
70% - Strategy, Portfolio Management, Performance Management
- Serve as Chief of Staff for the Chief Procurement Officer, Corporate Tier and Corporate Tier Leadership Team.
- Manage the Corporate Tier budget and headcount, maintaining a level of insight and forward-looking view to identify opportunities and mitigate risks. This includes maintaining line of sight to critical functional investment areas lead within the Corporate Tier (i.e. Technology, Consulting).
- Lead the strategic and operational planning of the Corporate Tier Leadership Team.
- On behalf of the Corporate Tier Leadership Team, design and manage all relevant team communications, governance, and engagement forums.
- Act as a leader in the shaping of a cohesive, collaborative, and high performing Corporate Tier team through designing and deploying effective governance and team management.
- Manage key internal, cross-functional and external forums for the Corporate Tier team.
- Lead the Corporate Tier through the annual Business Planning and Strategic Portfolio processes, inclusive of both Corporate Tier-led Balanced Scorecard measures as well as functional investments. Play a leadership role in the shaping of these processes for the Procurement function through the Strategy & PMO Council.
- Lead the periodic Business Plan update process for the Corporate Tier team.
- Develop and deploy a Strategic Portfolio Performance Mgmt. framework and process, leveraging functional performance management tools and processes.
- Deploy processes & tools to support Portfolio Execution within the Corporate Tier, as laid out by the functional Portfolio Management team.
- Engage actively in Enterprise Procurement planning and leadership forums, including as an active member of the Strategy & PMO Council.
30% - Leadership Responsibilities
- Provide critical leadership and support for key functional programs to be defined within G&Os
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- A relevant degree (e.g. Business, Engineering, Science) is preferred, preferably complemented by an MBA or another master’s qualification is preferred.
- 6 years of relevant professional experience, preferably inside and outside Procurement.
- A strong track record of program/project management and experience in standards and best practices design is preferred.
- PMP Certification or Process Excellence/Six Sigma Certification is preferred.
- Experience working in a PMO is desirable.
- A demonstrated track record of success in Business Planning and Execution - preferably within Procurement is required.
- Prior success in the implementation of Capability Framework/Strategies is required.
- Must have track record of effectively leading and influencing within a global matrix environment across multiple businesses and initiatives.
- Strong business and finance acumen, deep understanding of managing for impact in a highly complex multi-application, multi-function environment is required
- Must be able to partner effectively and influence at all levels including senior leadership outside the function and outside J&J; demonstrated engagement and facilitation skills at most senior level (VP and above).
- Strong user level with Advanced Desktop software (e.g. MS Project) and other technologies.
- Up to 15% domestic and international travel may be required.