Procurement / Strategic Sourcing Lead - Software
To manage strategic sourcing efforts for the Software Category within the IT Procurement Commodities. Software will consist of Mainframe, Server, Desktop applications. Deployment of software is both on premise and cloud based.
To manage RFPs, develop business cases, negotiate with the suppliers, manage the effort, communicate with stakeholders and construct contracts in order to manage risk, reduce costs and select the best product and services. Partnering with senior IT and Business stakeholders will be a key success criteria.
1. Analyzes category spend to identify opportunities to reduce individual contract/sub-category spend utilizing all savings levers.
2. Mentors and leads analysts with assigned projects by overseeing timelines, building contingency plans, executing corrective actions, communicating issues resolution, and identifying and utilizing key milestones, stakeholders, and resources needed to ensure timely and successful deal negotiations
3. Develops strategic plans for highly complex projects (over $15 million) and commodities to drive value for the category based on an understanding of the business units needs, the supply market, spend baseline and industry benchmarks.
4. Effectively document, communicate and gain buy-in for established strategy.
5. Leads select complex sourcing projects (over $15 million) and extended teams to bring the highest value to Aetna
6. Analyzes information, including market and industry trends, along with advances in sourcing, make recommendations and present relevant data regarding Aetnas sourcing to senior level management
7. Directs financial modeling and analysis
8. Partners with Aetna business units to translate business objectives into sourcing strategies while rationalizing the supplier base
9. Develops and leads cross-functional teams, projects, processes and initiatives that improve operational and cost efficiency
10. Turns strategic direction into specific goals, deliverables and metrics
11. Works successfully with legal and business teams to ensure best solution for Aetna.
12. Identifies regional and global sourcing opportunities, influence internal spend owners and drive to successful completion
13. Drafts complex agreements, Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Requests for Quotation (RFQ) documentation (for projects in excess of $15 million) with minimal direction using traditional or e-sourcing applications
14. Documents complex business requirements and translates them into deliverable or SLA based contracting models
15. Works with a wide range of professionals, lead distributed virtual teams, and coach individuals and teams as needed to meet business, operational and compliance needs.
16. Researches and analyzes industry best practices and drives improvements to ensure that Aetnas sourcing processes are "best in class"
17. Independently negotiates complex contractual terms and conditions (for contracts in excess of $15 million) in order to mitigate operational
1. Minimum of 10 years of experience in a combination of the following related areas; supply chain, procurement, vendor management, sourcing or operations.
2. Minimum of 8 years of category expertise in Information Technology and must have proven experience working with large software suppliers (IBM, Oracle, SAP, Salesforce, etc.)
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.