?We are looking for Procurement Specialist with Federal Acquisition Regulations for our client in Germantown?,? MD
Job Title: Procurement Specialist with Federal Acquisition Regulations
Job Location: Germantown?,? MD
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Procure primarily services required to support a multi-yearcontract that includes services such as transportation, destructions, appraisals, repairs, temp services, and some hardware and supplies.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to adjust priorities on a frequent basis to adapt to program needs are necessary. Responsible for all aspects of procurement administration from RFQ to closeout.
- Coordinate, develop, and produce purchase order documentation such as purchase orders, change orders, task orders, solicitations, profitability analyses, market research, price analyses, negotiation memorandums, special contract provisions, and correspondence.
- Evaluate proposals and quotations, determine offer responsiveness, responsibility, and eligibility for award, and provide support for discussions and negotiations, price analyses, Labor Law, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), audit, environmental reporting, and technical compliance.
- Assist with identifying small businesses in various socio-economic categories.
- Perform peer file reviews.
- Review and process purchase requisitions.
- Compile documentation to establish compliant procurement files and upload to SharePoint.
- Coordinate with accounting and finance department to facilitate payments and payments issues, contractaudit/filing, and closeout process.
- Develop and maintain procurement files. Monitor and track deliverables.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with Government/commercial vendors and subcontractors.
- Ensure compliance with governmental law and divisional policies on contracts and procurement.
- Interface and coordinate with vendors/subcontractors as assigned.
- Maintain a Government compliant filing system and be responsible for correspondence on procurement matters.
- Ensure procurement practices, transactions, and documentation comply with policies and procedures, contract requirements, and Government regulations.
- Enter purchase orders, releases and associated documentation into the Costpoint.
- Prepare Justifications for Awarding to Large Businesses.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor?s degree and at least 3years of job-related experience or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Must be able to perform price analyses to determine fair and reasonable pricing.
- Must have had experience issuing Purchase Orders, with CostPoint experiencepreferred.
- Proficiency with awarding various agreement types.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets.
- Experience or ability to perform creative research for unique vendor requirements, and/or transportation/logistics experience is a strong plus.