PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Directly perform buying assignments of varying complexities requiring experience in assigned commodities and knowledge of purchasing policy and procedures.
- Receive requisitions; analyze for quantity, specifications, drawings, and delivery requirements. Develop qualified sources, request pricing and delivery, competitively select suppliers, document procurement action and place orders.
- Follow-up with suppliers to ensure delivery schedules and key milestones are achieved. Coordinate any changes with Planning and Program Management as appropriate to evaluate impact.
- Analyze and quickly address any invoice discrepancies.
- Support proposal efforts with RFP’s/RFQ’s.
- Develop alternate sources, ensuring continuity of supply, consistency of quality, and competitive pricing.
- Consolidate requirements and utilize the most suitable method of purchasing such as purchase order, blanket purchase order or supplier stocking arrangement
- Maintain purchase order files in audit ready condition
- Enter purchase orders into Costpoint and ensure accurate data is maintained in Costpoint
- Advise management of market conditions and supplier base activity, which could affect pricing, and or future availability
- Gain familiarity with the end use of assigned commodities, leading to the possibility of finding alternative materials or sources
- Evaluate suppliers through methods such as supplier visitations and various objective performance measurements, including on-time delivery, service performance, and price performance
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Develop annual objectives in concert with departmental and company goals
- Generate effective communications, good relations, and a positive image with suppliers and coworkers, promoting courtesy, objectivity, and fairness
- Support company goals for the utilization of small, small disadvantaged, woman-owned and veteran-owned businesses
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
Other duties as assigned
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- A minimum of 6 years experience in purchasing handling a wide variety of commodities
- Experience with procuring military requirements and an understanding of military standards
- A working knowledge of the FAR/DFARS
- Certification by ISM is preferred
- The ability to represent the company effectively and in a professional and business-like manner is essential
- Comprehensive written, verbal, analytical and general accounting skills
- MS Office, Lotus Notes and Material Management software knowledge
- Ability to perform price analysis in a wide variety of circumstances
- Cross training in other departments is essential in understanding the inter-relationship of process at SNC
- Ability to read and understand technical drawing and specifications
- Knowledge of FAR, UCC & public law required